ABSENT FRIENDS

To both of my grandfathers who took me to many matches over the years.

I'm sure that a few here may remember one of them Sam Smith who was a fixture at Hallamshire Harriers throughout the 70s and the 80s.

RIP all those who are watching from above , I'm sure the team will do us all proud tomorrow

WAWAW

To my cousin Stephen and Uncle Ken who went to games many years ago and also Mother-in-Law Lynne, we always talked of the latest match and our prospects.

To all Wednesdayites who are with us in spirit tomorrow.

RIP WAWAW.

My old man was bought up in Sheffield  and came to live in North Wales after the war--  Met my mum and the rest is history. He has taken me to many games mostly away because of where we live-- got tonked mostly at the hands of Man u, Liverpool, Everton etc.  and I have to confess I cursed him several times for making me a Wednesdayite. However  He never gave up on Wednesday -- AND NEITHER HAVE I - Thanks Dad for  everything   and making me part of the Wednesday family.  Love you and miss you  I'm taking a lock of your hair tomorrow  just to make sure you will be there , smiling and looking down on us.

Also my close friend Vernon Price -- had many a happy time together.

God Bless you both. To the players if you can win tomorrow  you will be doing it not only for those present -- but also those that would have loved to be there.   

Goodness me, what a thread. Was dreading reading through them, but glad I did. Only 2 of our gang still alive, out of 5, that went to the old Wembley the last times.............

I'll be choked up & welling up when teams walk out & at final whistle, no doubt. Just goes to show how rare these events are, in a full lifetime, let alone in one ended too soon. Make the most of it people.

UTO.

Goodness me, what a thread. Was dreading reading through them, but glad I did. Only 2 of our gang still alive, out of 5, that went to the old Wembley the last times.............

I'll be choked up & welling up when teams walk out & at final whistle, no doubt. Just goes to show how rare these events are, in a full lifetime, let alone in one ended too soon. Make the most of it people.

UTO.

This^^^

Daz Haigh

I know he'll be at Wembley tomorrow, not only on the flag of the East Midlands Owls, but also in spirit.

So glad we made it to Wembley this season as opposed to any other, as it's very fitting with it being the season of his passing.

That Hooper goal immediately after the minute applause is my favourite moment ever following Wednesday, bar none.

Come on Wednesday! Let's do this not only for us, but for those that won't be stood with us tomorrow.

My Nephew Lee Rogerson.died suddenly 2002 age 34 went all over to watch the owls me and him...had some great laughs he would be over the moon...see if you can wave your magic wand Leepy Lee and make us lift the Trophy for you and Grandad Jim..

Since I lost my Dad 21/08/1981 I don't think I have ever attended a match without sparing him a thought. Very hard at first holding tears back.

He was a bit of a footballer himself with Hallam from 1928 playing under a false name for a couple of years. Before getting some time with the Wednesday A team and reserves before moving on to Birmingham and later Palace.

He was a south terrace man when he started taking me in 1956, I was a regular by 1958 and we both became proud season ticket holders in the North the first full season it opened... Gangway J   Row 39 Seats 96 & 97.

Sat near the front for the first game after he died and have never been to my old seat since. Sure one of the lumps in my throat and tears in my eye will be reserved for my Dad tomorrow.

Since I lost my Dad 21/08/1981 I don't think I have ever attended a match without sparing him a thought. Very hard at first holding tears back.

He was a bit of a footballer himself with Hallam from 1928 playing under a false name for a couple of years. Before getting some time with the Wednesday A team and reserves before moving on to Birmingham and later Palace.

He was a south terrace man when he started taking me in 1956, I was a regular by 1958 and we both became proud season ticket holders in the North the first full season it opened... Gangway J Row 39 Seats 96 & 97.

Sat near the front for the first game after he died and have never been to my old seat since. Sure one of the lumps in my throat and tears in my eye will be reserved for my Dad tomorrow.

I wasn't a million miles from there in the late 70s and most of the 80s with my dad

john fearn followed the owls for 65 years before he could walk he was there. passed away last year after years of watching dire stuff missed out on this fantastic season. he would have been over the moon to have seen what we have been lucky enough to watch. RIP John I'm taking you to Wemberley with me. theres going to be quite a party up there hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Few Owlstalkers left us recently.

I guess Julian 'Batigol' Batty would have been part of a group from here going down.

Actually, from what I heard of the lad, he would have found a way to raise some cash for charity on the way down.

RIP all.

I guess Julian 'Batigol' Batty would have been part of a group from here going down.

Actually, from what I heard of the lad, he would have found a way to raise some cash for charity on the way down.

Undoubtedly, on both counts. He would probably have jogged it there and back for a good cause.

We'll be having a few pints for JB tomorrow.

Edited by SteveParkway

Can we add Kevin Asquith to the list?

Intercity Owl

beat me to it mate never met him but he was a grand lad always pm 'ing me to offer me tickets ,sadly I could never accept ,but the offers still came bless him ,RIP kevin  mate and toall who are not with us ,