ABSENT FRIENDS

My nan who had a season ticket on the North stand from it being built up until her passing in 2001

She still had a season ticket for the last two years of her life even though she never attended a game as she was in a nursing home

She actually passed away arguing with a Blade who was one of the carers at the home

She went doing what she loved. Talking about, and defending Sheffield Wednesday.

I'll be thinking of you nan x

Guest moodyrob

Our Dad - BOB MOODY who passed away 18 months ago when we would probably never have dreamed that tomorrow would come along in our lifetime let alone his.

He took us all over the country in our darkest days to the likes of Halifax, Wrexham, Cambridge, Chester, Darlington and many many more.

Come on Wednesday, do it for Bob and the many m,any others that would have loved to be there 

To my dad, a massive Wednesdayite through and through. Sadly passed away aged 64 on 11 September last year with a brain tumour. Still feels strange not being able to talk about Wednesday. I'm sure he will be looking down on us tomorrow and willing us to win ! Rest in Peace dad. WAWAW

To my dad, a massive Wednesdayite through and through. Sadly passed away aged 64 on 11 September last year with a brain tumour. Still feels strange not being able to talk about Wednesday. I'm sure he will be looking down on us tomorrow and willing us to win ! Rest in Peace dad. WAWAW

That's what my wife Les was first diagnosed with. Two tumours actually, so it was a secondary. Stage 4 at diagnosis. She was just 49.

My dad was a Wednesdayite through and through - he died in 1994. He took me when I was very young in the 1950s and we watched so many matches together. We always talked about the games even when he couldn't make it. Even now I miss talking to him about Wednesday. How he would have loved watching the match tomorrow. 

Just want to put a shout out there to our Wednesday family who sadly can't be there I didn't know any of these but I bet they are cheering us on WAWAW

Carrie Everest

Simon Holdsworth

Shaun Rhodes

Steven Fairbank

Terry Robinson

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

Brilliant call 

To my Mum who stood on The Lep as a kid and my Uncle Jack who took her then me and got my first season ticket on The North.

He was a Commando in WW2 and during the height of '80s hooliganism would just take my hand and walk us right through the middle of it all to the bus stop on Middlewood Rd back to Upperthorpe without batting an eyelid.

I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow.

My dad, who passed away suddenly a couple of weeks before the beginning of this season. He took me to my first match in 1984, the promotion clincher against Palace, and was a diehard fan since the 1950s. Never heard him once moan about the team, despite all the obvious opportunities, and he would have been like a kid before Christmas this evening.

Lees' goal on opening day made me realise that every moment of celebration will now have that edge, and the bigger the celebration the bigger the edge -- not just in football. The Arsenal match was particularly poignant, he still hadn't got over the cup finals and Bould's tackle so he would have been loving it.

But life goes on, and I can't remember wanting to win a match as much as this one, as would he, and I'll be wearing his scarf tomorrow. This thread is great, there have been brief moments at matches where it can feel a bit lonely when everyone else is celebrating and losing the plot and your thoughts suddenly turn to how much he would be enjoying it, but this has brought home that almost everyone has that feeling too.

WAWAW

That Hooper goal immediately after the minute applause is my favourite moment ever following Wednesday, bar none.

i obviously dont know your mate but that moment gave me goosebumps.

lovely thread this. hope the boys do it for you all.

wawaw. x

Edited by dc88

Kevin Wright or Rhino to those of us who knew him well. Passed away on july 18th 2013 out in Portugal watching pre season friendlies. Top top fellah, massive Wednesday fan and one of my best ever buddies. Miss ya pal. Come on Wednesday.