ABSENT FRIENDS

And to my Dad introduced me to Wednesday when I was 5 in 1957 , sadly 7 months later he was killed in a mining accident ,he is always there though when I get to a game the feeling never go's away RIP Dad,

Can I add my wife to this list (Lesley Murphy nee. Maundrell).

Whilst she wasn't strictly a Wednesdayite, originating from the rugby centric region of Bath, she did come with me to a few matches and supported us via me. She used to want constant updates when I was at the games and used to say WAWAW we if ever she did anything wrong! She was a character.

For those who may not know, I lost my wife 6 months ago on this coming Monday, through cancer. We married 2 days before she passed away, at Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield.

RIP Lelly. I love you babes, you fart-knocker! xxxx

Guest Deleted member

My Grandad passed away in 86 - was a Wednesdayite thru and thru. Lived and breathed the club.

He gave me his wedding ring the night he passed away in the hospice. I will be wearing it tomorrow.

Guest Manwithastick

My best pal Rob Hurdley, taken from us by murdering scum in 2012. Had some incredible days with him, home and away. Away at

Leicester (current PL champs!) with Wednesday smashing them in from crazy distances is a stand out memory. Be thinking of you 

tomorrow big man. 

His sister is called Karen, although, as far as I know Gaz was always from Crookes.

He was in his mid 40s.

It's the same guy, it must be. I might be getting confused as I think Karen went out with a guy from Chapeltown. I used to play football with Gary. Top bloke.

When we got to Hillsborough before we go through the turnstyles we look at the bricks (always the same wall)    Hopefully those who have pass away over the years will be looking down from above,    bouncing away as well as singing Hi Ho Silver Lining.

Lets win tomorrow to take us back to the top flight where we belong.

My great pal Ralph Moore who sadly passed away a few months back. He was the brother in law of Mick Predagast and over many drunken nights loved hearing the stories he told of his time with Mick.

Well mate, when we sing Hi Ho tomorrow, I will sing it loud and proud for you. Albeit with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eyes.

God bless mate. WAWAW WTID UTO x