ABSENT FRIENDS

My grandad Layton Eratt, who died earlier this year.

Watched Wednesday for 93 years and only matches he missed, was when he was when he was in the RAF in the war and when illness finally stopped him just before he died.

He used tell me about title winning side and fa cup win and early 60s side.

RIP grandad and to all other owls who can't be there tomorrow. Hope your all looking down.

They'll all be smiling down and willing us on tomorrow.

Just over 11 years since I lost a very special member of the Wednesday family, much loved and missed.

Cardiff brought tears and I'm sure tomorrow will but for very different reasons.

Respects to all who have lost someone close.

To my lovely dad, thanks for taking me to my first game, York City, home, November 1974.

I was with you at your last game, Wycombe, home 2012.

In that time we missed just 11 home games in those 38 years.

Loved every minute. Know you'll be cheering us on from high tomorrow.

Thanks dad.

Guest Viewfromtheeastbank

My Grandad George Hughes (penistone owl) and my uncle Steven Hughes (chappletown owl). Lifelong owls. My uncle was a season ticket holder on the north.... They both made sure I grew up supporting the owls.. They are the reason I'm going tomorrow and taking my 6 year old daughter .. It's all about making memories for her.. I know they'll both be looking down with pride at us tomorrow and I know they'd love this team ... Fly high you two xx

Liam Riley. There with me at Leicester in our final Premier League game 16 years ago. There with me at Rushden & Diamonds, Stockport, Port Vale. There with me at the Millennium Stadium and for the beam back at Hillsborough. Should be in the prime of his life cheering on our beloved Owls together at Wembley tomorrow. Absolutely no embarrassment to say I'll be shedding a few tears if we manage to do it. To absent friends.

Well said

JJ?

My dad passed away a few years ago.

Would have loved tomorrow.

Hope he's watching somewhere

Same here.  Will feel like he's there.

He introduced me to all this - and I always think of him on big occasions like this

Edited by Jowl