ABSENT FRIENDS

Not forgetting John Pashley. Huge Owls fan who I went to many games with in the 70's. Died for Queen and Country in the Falklands at the age of 21. Know he will be watching and cheering as loud as any of them.

God bless mate.

Wednesday Forever!

Edited by Utah Owl

My Grandad Walt and my Dad Wilf, who held my hand as we walked down Herries road toward Hillsborough for my first Wednesday game, against Sunderland in '68/69 season.

Later, I walked down holding the hands of my children, and I now walk down hand-in-hand with my own grandchildren, and always remember that first visit, and thereby my Dad and my Grandad.

5 generations of Wednesdayites, separated yet all together on each visit to Hillsborough.

One way or another, though not all actually present in 'body' later today, I'm sure we will celebrate (or commiserate) together at full-time.

The Sheffield Wednesday circle cannot be broken.   

Up The Owls.

My Dad, Derrick Godley first took me to Hillsborough mid 70's, think we were playing Bolton and had to win to stay up. Remember Ken Knighton scoring late on to win 1-0. That memory will stay with me for ever, that was it I was hooked at the age of 9! We took him to 93 semi against Utd, had the time of hid life.

He passed away 5yrs yesterday, miss him so much, he'd have been buzzing today, hope we can do it for him today! RIP dad, love you.

For my dad. He's never far from my thoughts but especially at this time of year. He would have been 70 yesterday. Made a lot of sacrifices to take me to hillsborough from the early 90's. Witnessed some of the best football and experienced some of the best times the like of which we have not seen since really. Until now! I'm sure he and thousands of others will be shining down on Wembley today.

Up the owls!

Guest mkowl

To an old mate of mine Lobby - Mick Longden from High Green. Grew up with him, one of the crowd that went on the 80 bus.

It was through Owlstalk that I found out that cancer had got him far too soon.

My Uncle Allen Vickers from Hoyland. FLunder of the Hoyland Owls in the 40s rarely missed a home game , the reason I follow Wednesday he took me and all my cousins as kids. I know he's watching and givin all other fans a hard time. UTO

My son Nick. Enjoyed the last play-off final together in Cardiff but he was taken from us in 2009 in a car accident aged just 18.

I know he'll be watching this final.

Miss you 'kiddo' xxx. XIII

How awful...hope we win it just for him...