Wembley Virgins

So, who hasn't been to the new Wembley yet?

Better still, who else has never been to either Wembley, new or old?

I'm sure I'm far from alone on here, but this will be the first opportunity I've ever had to go to our national stadium to support Wednesday. I was there in Cardiff, but I've never been to Wembley. In the early 90s I remember watching from afar on the TV with my auntie and uncle while my parents were away in London and I'm sure they didn't realise at the time that that was going to be their last opportunity to take me with them for over 20 years.

Much like the guy who phoned Football Heaven the other day, I don't think I could have gone to Wembley to watch any other event before seeing Wednesday play there. It would have felt like cheating.

I'm looking forward to hopefully being blown away by the place, just the same as I was in Wales, but potentially even more so. Can't wait.

New Wembley last year to watch North Shields...thought it was rubbish. Seat/Knee room is small and the whole place is basically one big concrete bowl with a concrete concourse. Was expecting more and I'm guessing Cardiff is much better. The people in it...us..will make the day but the place itself is mediocre at best.

I've never been to Wembley.  Been going to Wednesday matches since 1975 on and off. Missed the seasons where we had success because I had a young family and no brass.  Now sharing this experience with my teenage children and we will go together.  My eldest child went to Wembley for a Blades play off final with the in-laws a few years ago, but he was too young to know better and now is a Wednesdayite.  One match.  Anything can happen.  We could be going up!

Never been to either Wembley with Wednesday.

Was only 11 in '93 and non on my family were football fans so I didn't stand a chance.

Did go to the old Wembley for a couple of Rugby League games though. Cas in Regal Cup in '92 and a Great Britain match in about '94 (Jason Robinson's debut match). That was more my family's style growing up.

New Wembley last year to watch North Shields...thought it was rubbish. Seat/Knee room is small and the whole place is basically one big concrete bowl with a concrete concourse. Was expecting more and I'm guessing Cardiff is much better. The people in it...us..will make the day but the place itself is mediocre at best.

I've been to a few engeerland games and couldn't disagree more. There's loads of leg rooms and concourses are sound. Really good views from back compared to old Wemberleeeeeeeeee as well.

Gonna be a day of days!!

Guest Deleted member

I waited to attend the old Wembley until it was too see Wednesday, despite numerous opportunities to go. I will never forget that first sight of the pitch, standing at the gangway, taking in the view.

I've done the same thing since they built the new one, avoiding internationals and concerts, because I wanted to do it again.

This time I get to do it with my son, who's watched us through thin and thin for the last 20 years, and has never been to Wembley either. Full time at Brighton on Monday was extremely emotional for me, as I know how much he's going to love his first experience.

I really wouldn't miss it for the world.