Wembley Virgins

Went all the five times to the Old Wembley in the early 1990's. Still cant quite get over people in there 30s with kids, mortgages and responsible job were too young to go then. Were did the time go?

Went to Cardiff in 2005 and really enjoyed it.

Never been to the new one. Did cross my mind to go to the new Wembley to watch an England game but never got around to it. Could never go to watch another club game like I know some of my friends have.

Got a feeling there will be some things about the day I wont enjoy like the traffic, the prices and the probable corporate plastic feel to the place but overall I am really looking forward to it. Be a special day and one to remember.

Never went to the old Wembley and like the poster earlier only been to the new Wembley to see muse.

We came out saying we would love to see Wednesday play there but didn't imagine it would be happening any time soon.

Never went to the old Wembley and like the poster earlier only been to the new Wembley to see muse.

We came out saying we would love to see Wednesday play there but didn't imagine it would be happening any time soon.

With Play offs. JPT, Cup finals and semi finals it was only a matter of time really before we played there.

Semi final in 93 , but sadly with the piggies as my old man and brother got the tickets , best day of my life even better as they left me in London in a huff

Edited by elyowl1

Vaguely remember the early nineties but was too young to go.

Been to the new one a few times to see England (bloody awful). Always said would love to see Wednesday here. Didn't think it would be this soon.

The thought of a packed Wembley. A proper wall off blue and white. Noise upto a painful noise. It felt like an incredible thought. Now it's here I'm punching myself.

But when I sit down and think about it my stomach starts churning. Hope the nerves don't get the better of me on he day.

Can. Not. Wait.

Went to school boy international v West Germany in 1958, a full international again West Germany, a world speedway final in the 60s. Couldn't get a ticket for 66. West Bromwich v Everton 67, Ipswich v Arsenal, Newcastle v Liverpool, Wolves league cup final and all the games in the 90s. Saw Hull KR in a rugby league final, can't remember who against.

Never been to the new Wembley

Guest minsk owl

First for me.

Missed 91 and 93 due to an episode involving a gun and a bank.

you stayed at home to watch Juliet Bravo??

Episode 5, Series 2, ...... got it on VHS

Awesome stadium - a real Cathedral of football and world renowned as the home of football

A full Wembley hosting a massive game with 2 sets of distinct partisan fans (ie not wearing the same colour) will be one of the best football experiences anywhere in the world

First time watching Wednesday, third time overall for me.

First was Blackpool v Yeovil in the league 1 playoffs as a neutral just after New Wembley opened - got cheap seats up in the gods just so we could say we'd been.

Second time was in the posh seats with my Burnley-supporting family when they beat the Pigs.