Wembley Virgins

I waited to attend the old Wembley until it was too see Wednesday, despite numerous opportunities to go. I will never forget that first sight of the pitch, standing at the gangway, taking in the view.

I've done the same thing since they built the new one, avoiding internationals and concerts, because I wanted to do it again.

This time I get to do it with my son, who's watched us through thin and thin for the last 20 years, and has never been to Wembley either. Full time at Brighton on Monday was extremely emotional for me, as I know how much he's going to love his first experience.

I really wouldn't miss it for the world.

Love the phrase "thin and thin".

Went to all the 90's ones, couldn't get a ticket for '66...... first time at the new one...somehow feel that there won't be the same magical feel about the place.

I know what you mean, I still remember the goose bumps when turning onoto a packed Wembley Way and seeing the famous twin towers looming up ahead.

Old Wembley was magnificent - saw the '79 cup final between Arsenal and Man Utd, was also at the '81 replay - Spurs v City when Ricky Villa scored THAT goal! Saw Wednesday in 91 and 93 of course.

Only been to new stadium for NFL games but I don't like it, it's a soulless concrete monstrosity. Extortionate costs for food and beer (£9 a pint three years ago).

That said, can't wait to be there on the 28th, stadium won't know what's hit it!

I waited to attend the old Wembley until it was too see Wednesday, despite numerous opportunities to go. I will never forget that first sight of the pitch, standing at the gangway, taking in the view.

I've done the same thing since they built the new one, avoiding internationals and concerts, because I wanted to do it again.

This time I get to do it with my son, who's watched us through thin and thin for the last 20 years, and has never been to Wembley either. Full time at Brighton on Monday was extremely emotional for me, as I know how much he's going to love his first experience.

I really wouldn't miss it for the world.

It's unrecognisable from the Wembley you'll have attended in '35

Wembley '66, '91, '93 x 4.

Stood on the terracing in 66, two nil up.

Chap next to me turned to his mate and said "another ten minutes and Meggie will be running up them steps for the cup"

I still haven't recovered from it.

Guest Hirstpower

91,93 and been several times. I can see the new one clearly from my window and hear the fans every game from my garden.

Who ever decided to take the iconic towers from the old one needs shooting. Give me the old one every time.

Never been to Wembley, ever, 25 years of age so was too young to experience our early 90s trips.

Had opportunities to go to the new wembley for england matches/other things, but wanted to save my first experience just with Wednesday, make it special like lol

Never been to the old one as I was too young, missed Cardiff as I was working abroad in Greece. So I have never seen Wednesday live in a cup final!

I have been to the new Wembley once for an England friendly but was too drunk to remember it.