Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Hunt's defending is not all it should be. In attack he invariably gets himself into good positions and then seems uncertain about what to do. The result is he has scored no goals and he has had about one assist all season. For a full back who is in the team on the basis of what he can deliver going forward this is not good enough. Definitely needs to work on his crossing and decision making.

On Saturday i could feel myself saying 'goal kick' when Hunt was about to attack on the flank. I have noticed that he's always looking at the ball at his feet rather than where his team mates might be.

Neither Lees nor Loovens are great in the air, adequate, but not dominating. Their positional play and reading of the game though, is second to none. It's no surprise we don't get much joy from corners really as we often have only 2 or 3 six footers up there, generally marked by twice that number. It's a similar story when defending set plays as well

Would love a young left footed centre back to partner Lees. It's unlikely, but it'd be ideal.

Tommy Smith

Stefano Denswil 

Both would be ideal. The latter is almost an impossibility though, despite him being a suggestion on here earlier. Tommy Smith is perfect surely? Tall, strong, quick, young left footed and incredibly fit and able to play 40+ games a season. The perfect foil for Lees is he not? 

Would love a young left footed centre back to partner Lees. It's unlikely, but it'd be ideal.

Tommy Smith

Stefano Denswil 

Both would be ideal. The latter is almost an impossibility though, despite him being a suggestion on here earlier. Tommy Smith is perfect surely? Tall, strong, quick, young left footed and incredibly fit and able to play 40+ games a season. The perfect foil for Lees is he not?

I liked the suggestion of Alfie Mawson, more of a long term replacement for Loovens, than someone who would take over immediately Someone like Denswil would be absolute quality though I agree. Not sure about Tommy Smith, he's OK for this division, but the other two are better prospects longer term

Guest wilyfox

EKSTRAND TO LEAVE WATFORD 

Swedish defender Joel Ekstrand, 27, will leave Watford when his contract at Vicarage Road expires at the end of June.

Haha. When I searched the name Joel Ekstrand, predictive text offered the next word as injury. Not a good sign.

TAYLOR TO LEAVE NEWCASTLE

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor, 30, will leave St James' Park when his contract expires at the end of June, the Championship club have announced.

Would be a good signing if/when fit

An absolute car crash of a defender,I'd rather play without a centre half than with Taylor.

Crouch would be an amazing player to bring on with 20 mins left if we need to throw the kitchen sink at a team. Probably a luxury we cant afford though tbf

We are better than that now. We already have a really effective kitchen sink for the last 20/40 minutes.

What we need is a class act of a big guy to complement Hooper and Fessi, to score 15 himself, and to help those two to 40 goals combined.

We are better than that now. We already have a really effective kitchen sink for the last 20/40 minutes.

What we need is a class act of a big guy to complement Hooper and Fessi, to score 15 himself, and to help those two to 40 goals combined.

Not really effective though is he unfortunately 

I know l**ds have been awful this season but Diagouraga seems to have come out of it with some praise.Been a decent tall defensive Champ mid for a few years now ,they only signed him in Jan for £800k but maybe he'd be tempted to play for a promotion chasing side.Would help at set pieces too.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

If it was Danilo we were watching at those Porto games recently, bring him on.

He looked like the beast we need in midfield and shut out Rooney et al at Wembley under difficult circumstances.

But would he swap Europa League for our higher salary....

If it was Danilo we were watching at those Porto games recently, bring him on.

He looked like the beast we need in midfield and shut out Rooney et al at Wembley under difficult circumstances.

But would he swap Europa League for our higher salary....

He's got a release clause of €40m.

lol