Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Loovens has shown that he is still class however we do need to improve on defending from corners and free kicks, always have my heart in my mouth when the opposition are taking corners. lol

A lot of that has to do with disparity in size between the opposition attackers, and our players whose job it is to defend. You can see it clearly, our 2 or 3 big lads are often trying to pick up 5 or 6 opponents of a similar size. Even wonderful footballing sides like Barcelona would look shaky at set plays because they couldn't match other sides who had a height advantage.

Not a direct replacement for Loovens, Ekstrand is all right foot, so would more likely be back up for Lees

Ekstrand won't be back up for anybody in the championship - was a regular (until injury) in a team that made pretty short work of this division.

Remember Pudil wasn't even getting in their squad by the end of the season and FF was a bit part player

He's a very good player and i believe he was offered a new deal by Watford but has opted to leave

The only doubt is how well he returns after his injury

Do you think Kenwyne Jones is worth a look at? He is a free agent.

In the right team he could get 10 plus goals a season.

Never understood what people see in him, he's not what we need, that ship sailed a long time ago. Edited by ohgoditsjames

I'd like to throw another name into the ring:

Jem Karacan ...

Was well thought of at Reading before leaving for Galatasaray, however hasn't had a look in and went on loan to Bursaspor.

Don't know his contract situation but would be a great shout imo.

I'd like to throw another name into the ring:

Jem Karacan ...

Was well thought of at Reading before leaving for Galatasaray, however hasn't had a look in and went on loan to Bursaspor.

Don't know his contract situation but would be a great shout imo.

FFS you can't say your own suggestions are great shouts

lol

Guest Moosedog

Joel Ekstrand would be a great signing. Another ex Watford player.

Bruno Manga would by my ideal centre back. Physical, pace and scores. Cardiff have already said they are willing to sell.

Ekstrand has not played a competitive match in over a year, so would be a gamble. It does appear that Sampdoria are interested though

Just me hoping that he doesn't go for obscure foreigners then?

I can't have any fun if I can't speculate about a random German! 

I'd expect one, maybe two foreign signings tops, hopefully one not so obscure... I imagine the majority will be UK based already. I actually hope so too!

But until then, let me have my obscure foreign fun

Plenty like him, Ravel Morrison, Nick Powell that are class but have terrible attitude problems and would be destructive in my opinion. Not needed.

Exactly. When someone has had that many chances with different managers it's clear their attitude will never change.

Exactly. When someone has had that many chances with different managers it's clear their attitude will never change.

I used to think that if the player was 'good' enough then we should just sign them bit it's clear from recent examples as Leicester, Burnley etc that 'team spirit' and the will to play for each other and the coach is a huge valuable asset. I'd argue we've definitely had that all season. Any player that is selfish and doesn't work for the team just shouldn't fit into what we are trying to build here.