Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

Absolutely. I thought we were set up nicely with Pudil and Bennett, who appeared to be a bit stronger defensively.

Doubtful but I'd love us to sign them both.

So would I, for ability and continuity. Our defence has been strong this year. I wouldn't change too much there. Ditch Turner and Sasso in favour of one new quality CB, that would be my only change at the back.

Absolutely. I thought we were set up nicely with Pudil and Bennett, who appeared to be a bit stronger defensively.

Doubtful but I'd love us to sign them both.

My heart's still on Bidwell, but that's because at 23 you know he can make the step up to the Prem if/when we go up. Would be nice to bring in a younger player that can play 46 games a season and progress with us. 

A good mate of mine knows him extremely well - they are good mates and keep in touch all the time (they played in the same team previously)

Reckons he's completely taken his eye off the ball and gone extremely big time since he signed a very lucrative contract at Man U

Often happens - don't understand why clubs keep doing it tbh

Does seem to happen a lot. Shame so many talented young players go to waste.

Seems like he may have to drop down to rebuild his career a little.

Guest _Ibbo_

Could do with a big strong central midfield and a proper striker to fight Big Dave.

Crouch would be awsome if we could afford him...... 

Huddlestone from Hull would be a cracking signing. 

Could do with a big strong central midfield and a proper striker to fight Big Dave.

Crouch would be awsome if we could afford him...... 

Huddlestone from Hull would be a cracking signing. 

been offered a new deal there now they have been promoted and can afford him

Would love Crouch though, nice raise the profile signing

Guest wilyfox

What's the fascination with Crouch? 34 years old, been on the slide for years, would command huge wages.

Could find much better value elsewhere I'd imagine.

I don't get it either. Has suffered from a number of niggling injuries in recent seasons too. Age starting to show.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Nick Powell. Out of contract at Man U and doesn't look like getting a new one. Had a fair few injuries but a seriously talented lad.

Talented, but known for his 'billy bigtime' attitude & poor temperament. Carlos recently emphasized the importance of character and players fitting in with the squad, so I'd be surprised if he's the sort of individual he'd be interested in.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Nick Powell. Out of contract at Man U and doesn't look like getting a new one. Had a fair few injuries but a seriously talented lad.

I would be VERY tempted as he's out of contract. Maybe a step down from his Man Utd cosy surroundings would do him the world of good, as well as getting the chance to be a star man somewhere.

The downside is he could turn up here & be a complete arsehole, and he's had his injury problems too.

No doubting his talent though.

Been saying the same thing... Pudil does it, Hunt does not. One assist all season and a tendency to overrun the ball... he gets forward well but very little end product. You compare Hunt to the other top fullbacks in this division and even going forward he's second to them. Two goals and five assists from Jake Bidwell this season... I know he's a left back, but that gives the rough ballpark of what we should be expecting from our attacking fullbacks. Pudil managed two goals and four assists... much more on the money

In fairness to Hunt, he gets a lot more support from Wallace on that flank. Wallace will come out wide and take a short pass from Hunt and move infield or cross while Forestieri and Bannan tuck in a lot more inviting Pudil into the space. No question Pudil is a better crosser of the ball but I think our flanks operate differently and there is more to come from Hunt.

So would I, for ability and continuity. Our defence has been strong this year. I wouldn't change too much there. Ditch Turner and Sasso in favour of one new quality CB, that would be my only change at the back.

I'd like a CB who can get the occasional goal from corners. Can only remember one, Lees against Charlton this season, whereas most of our main rivals are much better than us in this respect.

In fairness to Hunt, he gets a lot more support from Wallace on that flank. Wallace will come out wide and take a short pass from Hunt and move infield or cross while Forestieri and Bannan tuck in a lot more inviting Pudil into the space. No question Pudil is a better crosser of the ball but I think our flanks operate differently and there is more to come from Hunt.

Hunt's defending is not all it should be. In attack he invariably gets himself into good positions and then seems uncertain about what to do. The result is he has scored no goals and he has had about one assist all season. For a full back who is in the team on the basis of what he can deliver going forward this is not good enough. Definitely needs to work on his crossing and decision making.

Steven Taylors defending last season was comical.

He was criticised by every pundit going. I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for us and I question his motivation for the game.

Yeah and leeds didnt think tom lees was good enough. A few years ago steven taylor was looking at becoming a regular in the england setup before injury hampered his progress. Not sure if injuries have took their toll, but if he gets towards anything like as good as he used to be he would probably be the best defender in the league. Sometimes players just need to move on to resurrect their careers. Look at roger johnson, came here and most questioned that decision but ended up doing well for us and eventually got sold to west ham

I'd like a CB who can get the occasional goal from corners. Can only remember one, Lees against Charlton this season, whereas most of our main rivals are much better than us in this respect.

Lees has got 3 in the league this season. Still quite paltry compared to some.