Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Hakim Ziyech - step up from Ross Wallace. Plays for FC Twente (just got relegated)

Scored 17 in 34

He's the one we all want... he would certainly fulfill the prerequisite that I think our new wideman/attacking midfielder similar to Forestieri  should be considered 'well above our station'... but he might just be too good for us. 

Another Player who could do us a job… Daniel Candeias from Benfica, never played a game for them and has had lots of loan spells, also played for Nacional along with Joao and Matias

A very direct and pacy winger who likes to whip dangerous balls across the 6 yard line, perfect for Hooper who will always be in the right position, tracks back too, sign him up i say

Twente got relegated for financial issues he was leaving anyway even prior to their relegation (which happened after the season ended)

Put it this way he used to form a very formidable partnership with Tadic now at Southampton and he cost 10m. There is a guy who QPR signed who isn't anywhere near as good as him (Chery from Groningen) and he cost over 2m

I expect he will cost at least 4-5m and that's out of our price range I would think (one one player anyway)

I hope I'm wrong

I don't think it'd be out of our price range... I think at £5 million he'd be a steal. I just think he'd have too much interest elsewhere, in the Prem and other top European leagues, for us to get anywhere near him! 

Either way we're in agreement, a pipe dream. I'd love love love to be proved wrong though

The teams doesn't need an overhaul, we need to keep the core together and add strength in key areas. 

Consistency is key and to keep the majority of the squad together and building on it is a must.

Agree.

We are "losing" some first team players that were here on loan. We will need to replace them or get them back (loan or permanent). In addition I expect we're looking at around another 5+ to come in.

(I think I said something similar (number to come in) last year too and was wrong in the extreme).

I know for a fact we tried to get Oliveira from Forest on loan in January.

True or not, it would've been possible. It's well within the rules for a FL side to loan out someone they have on loan from a club outside England. With their embargo it's not that mad of an idea.

As for Wickham the rumour was Sunderland doubled his money last summer when he signed a new deal. And the when he's gone on to Palace a few months later they've gone some on that. He's supposedly knocking close to Cabaye whose on 75-80k. No chance we'd get close to him.

Edited by NeonLeon

Guest Hirstpower

No idea what the love fest is for wickham. Was prolific for us, but never been a prolific striker for anyone else.

If we are going to be signing European based players this Summer I'd have thought it would already be sorted and therefore we can expect  the rumours to come out pretty quickly.

Wonder what the fuss is with Sabrioglu (sp). Sounded like it was done a couple of weeks ago but obviously not the case.