Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

What about Danny Batth from Wolves to partner Lees?

And no it's not because he used to play for us.

Wolves currently up for sale (I think? Unless I missed them being taken over), bit of uncertainty there, could get him a bit cheaper than we normally could?

Two years experience of captaining a team in the Championship..

Expecting to sign some more players from Portugal this Summer.A player we like is Philipe Sampaio at Boavista. https://  #swfc

Does look like a good player from that highlights reel. Only 21 years old.

Not good enough, and even if he were it'd be impossible for us to sign him. Brazilian, no dual nationality so no EU citizenship and hasn't played the required amount of internationals to be eligible for a work permit 

What about Danny Batth from Wolves to partner Lees?

And no it's not because he used to play for us.

Wolves currently up for sale (I think? Unless I missed them being taken over), bit of uncertainty there, could get him a bit cheaper than we normally could?

Two years experience of captaining a team in the Championship..

Was thinking this too the other day. True he's at his boyhood club but he's more likely to achieve something with us, hopefully he could be tempted

Guest wilyfox

Not good enough, and even if he were it'd be impossible for us to sign him. Brazilian, no dual nationality so no EU citizenship and hasn't played the required amount of internationals to be eligible for a work permit

This student has done his homework.

Kodjia surely worh a look, depending on price. Probably in the 4-6M region?

Yeah, just mentioned in another thread that Bristol City seem resigned to losing him this summer too, according to the article below:

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/jonathan-kodjia-set-leave-bristol-city-fc-24904

Also includes a video of his goals and overall play.

19 goals in all competitions for Bristol City this year, pacy, not without skill and good in the air too. 

Yeah, just mentioned in another thread that Bristol City seem resigned to losing him this summer too, according to the article below:

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/jonathan-kodjia-set-leave-bristol-city-fc-24904

Also includes a video of his goals and overall play.

19 goals in all competitions for Bristol City this year, pacy, not without skill and good in the air too. 

Bristol City fans seem to think he was very hot and cold... but you can't argue with what he's accomplished in his first year in England regardless. We could certainly do worse, but I'm going to foolishly hope we somehow do better!

Guest wilyfox

Famara Diedhiou might be worth a shout

He's 21 or 22 and scored about 21/22 goals in Ligue 2 this season for a side that finished mid-table. To put that in comparison, last season Kodjia scored 15 goals for a side that got promoted from Ligue 2

Permit? You've just gone from an A to C- can do better.

Permit? You've just gone from an A to C- can do better.

I request a re-evaluation on the basis that he's been in France since at least July 2011 as he was transferred from French side FC Sochaux to ASM Belfort. French citizenship requires only 5 years of residence, and I think it's safe to assume that although the records only go back as far as July 2011 he was in France for longer than that to actually belong to a club to be able to be transferred out. So I think it's safe to say he's now a French and thus EU citizen

Can do better? Has done better mother****** lol

Edited by StudentOwl