Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

If we are to sign another striker then it needs to be someone strong, quick who can both hold the ball up and also stretch the defence.

I wouldn't bother with Martin. Too slow, moody only plays with his back to goal.

I like what i have seen of Olivera. Not that quick but very clever and great movement. It just seems obvious . Portugal connection, championship experience therefore probably will not happen!

And that's just his hair

Good call, we must base all potential signings on quality of hair style.

Let us not forget those that also use beard statistics as these are also KPIs in transfer potential. I think Owlsman is in favour of this approach.lol

If we are to sign another striker then it needs to be someone strong, quick who can both hold the ball up and also stretch the defence.

I wouldn't bother with Martin. Too slow, moody only plays with his back to goal.

I like what i have seen of Olivera. Not that quick but very clever and great movement. It just seems obvious . Portugal connection, championship experience therefore probably will not happen!

I'm telling you it is that kid from Maritimo what we're after.

Wishlist:

-New RB more like Odubajo. Jack Hunt seems solid but a little inconsistent

-New CB as good as Loovens but at least 5 years younger. Let captain fantastic be third choice and rest his legs while knowing we've got an absolute beast of a central defender in reserve if neceessary

-Jake Bidwell at left back and one other- possibly Pudil if we can strike a deal with Watford please?

-New CM

-Johan Berg Gudmundsson to challenge Wallace. Be great to have two hard working right hand sided players with amazing left pegs

-Flair attacking midfielder/wide player like Teixeira. Someone well above our station, as good as Forestieri and can be flexible like FF as to where he plays. Hakim Ziyech, however unrealistic that may be!

-New 6'1''+ striker... doesn't have to be as good as Ross McCormack (don't want him, costs too much) but needs to be of a similar style and still able to score 15+ goals. Ideally Joao will turn into that player but I think it'd be safer to have Lucas as third choice and let him develop without having to rely on him

Get these 7 players (or at least those that fit the profile) and we've got promotion! 

Your little sacks must be outta juice by now for all the wet dreams you've had over Gudmundsson. lol

lol

In all seriousness I think he'd be a good squad player we can get for very little in the way of a transfer fee. Definitely wouldn't be our star man but would do a job if he started and would be class coming off the bench

EDIT: I'm also delighted that your 24,000th post on this forum was dedicated to my nútsack!  :biggrin:

Edited by StudentOwl

I know for a fact we tried to get Oliveira from Forest on loan in January.

Obviously that's not true, but he would be a superb signing. Exactly the kind of player we need and would be available for relatively cheap.

Tommy Smith from Ipswich to partner Tom Lees, he won't come cheap but I think he would want to come (Ipswich are probably gonna fall short of the players again without serious investment)

Ritchie De Laet from Leicester (as much as I like Jack Hunt I do think defensively he is lacking somewhat, get De Laet in and let them both challenge for the RB spot, would

Probably mean moving on Palmer)

Jake Bidwell from Brentford (I think we're gonna be in the market for a left back regardless, I'd still like to try and sign Pudil and move Helan on, which would leave two good quality left backs fighting it out)

Adelene Guedioura from Watford ( I think yesterday showed us that we need a big dominant midfielder and Guedioura has championship experience and would hopefully be in our reach)

New Winger ( I think we need a new winger probably right sided to challenge Wallace, we lack pace in this area but of the top of my head out of the championship I would be looking at the likes of Craig Noone Anthony Pilkington, Ben Marshall and maybe Matt Phillips if he would come)

A strike partner to partner Hooper( this has to be the main signing we get right for me, if we can get somebody in who can form a partnership with hooper then we're at a big advantage. Ideally he wants to be big strong quick and score goals which is hard to come by. I hear Jonothan Kodija mentioned he fits the bill but can he repeat It next year, I honestly don't know who we should go for striker wise)

I've based all these suggestions on the championship but I'm sure we'll be exploring the foreign market like we have done this year, I think the recruitment is going to be important this year in order to take us to that next level and make sure we can challenge for the play offs again amongst the newly relegated teams and the likes of Derby, Brighton etc