The New West Stand

I take it you weren't stood alongside us on the kop during the Swansea City snowstorm of 83-84?

We were covered like snowmen and had to scrape our eyes 6 times to witness each of our goals, included that John Toshack own goal.

That was the game we all sang "Bert McGhee, give us a roof!"

We were real men!!!

(teenagers with hot aches actually)

I remember it for two reasons.

I havent seen many (any) six -ones, and I havent watched many matches through the gaps between my fingers.

We all laughed at the scrubbers across the city for reprinting and cladding the Lane. It's come to a point we need to move to a purpose built new stadium and stop splurging millions on a relic from another era. Transport is crap, parking is a nightmare, facilities are a joke, the club shop is embarrassing and two of the stands want completely demolishing and rebuilding. We've moved before in our history I have no issue with moving in our era.

Once we reach the PL and stay up is when Hillsborough will be redeveloped or a new ground built. It will be small improvements until then.

Probably.

Hopefully the plans are already being drawn up.

I don't totally agree with the argument that we must go up before anything can be redeveloped though.

There are plenty of recent examples of clubs at our level and below investing in modernising their grounds. If we were to do that then it wouldn't necessarily mean that we would neglect the squad financially.

I have complete faith in our owner's ambition on the evidence of the last 12 months though. I'm confident that we'll see some significant upgrades in the next few years.

parking is a nightmare,

Have you ever been to an away game?

Some, if not all of the new out of town stadiums are far worse than Hillsborough.

Stoke this season was the worse we have experienced and Reading wasn't much better.

Always took an age to get away from Pride Park too.

I think anybody wanting us to leave our hallowed ground needs to think about Chansiri's liking for tradition, the Owl crest being a case in point.

I think exciting plans for Hillsborough are not too far away.

Guest JohnFantham

I take it you weren't stood alongside us on the kop during the Swansea City snowstorm of 83-84?

We were covered like snowmen and had to scrape our eyes 6 times to witness each of our goals, included that John Toshack own goal.

We were real men!!!

Haha, I was there that day- memories eh!

Have you ever been to an away game?

Some, if not all of the new out of town stadiums are far worse than Hillsborough.

Stoke this season was the worse we have experienced and Reading wasn't much better.

Always took an age to get away from Pride Park too.

I think anybody wanting us to leave our hallowed ground needs to think about Chansiri's liking for tradition, the Owl crest being a case in point.

I think exciting plans for Hillsborough are not too far away.

If he likes tradition you won't be against him moving us back to one of the old ground locations then... In a brand new better stadium...

If he likes tradition you won't be against him moving us back to one of the old ground locations then... In a brand new better stadium...

Olive Grove?

Aside from it being close to the Lane, the logistics and route access would be crazier than we have now.

If you're talking about another ground we used to play at in S2 before 'The Cutlers' even existed? Yes, i'm with you on that one, let's flatten it!

Olive Grove?

Aside from it being close to the Lane, the logistics and route access would be crazier than we have now.

If you're talking about another ground we used to play at in S2 before 'The Cutlers' even existed? Yes, i'm with you on that one, let's flatten it!

LETS DO IT. And take most of the moor down with it for our huge mega store and new Yorkshire County Cricket ground.

I remember that day. With regard to ground improvements I think it would be silly to set expectations too low. Mr Chansiri means business expect big improvements. New roof on kop and something akin to the update proposed previously for West Stand but posher.

We were real men!!!

Edited by SheffieldGraduate

Kop - I'm really sentimental about it staying on a bank of earth, but obviously this means the cramped concourse space we have now. Would probably be best for us to knock it down and build a new stand in its place. Single tiered, 10,000 capacity, no posts.

South and North Stands - Renovate and extend concourses as per WC2018 plans

West Stand - Knock down and replace with Blackburn's Darwen End.

West Stand - Knock down and replace with Blackburn's Darwen End.

I'd be totally underwhelmed with that if i'm honest mate.

I reckon Chansiri will be thinking if it's worth doing, it's worth doing reyt!

The only way to maximise his profits is to go for something more ambitious than the Darwen End stand.

Edited by Pulsar