The New West Stand

As posted in another thread....

I would do similar to this, fill in the corners to keep the noise in.

Ibrox7.jpg

Obviously not an exact copy of their stadium, but imagine the North Stand on the right, the cheese wedge redesigned and the corners filled in.

maxresdefault.jpg

As posted in another thread....

Look at that bottom picture Rangers and Celtic fans, RANGERS AND CELTIC FANS, separated by two rows of stewards/police and a couple or rows of no-mans land. If segregation was arranged by SYP there would be about 10 Celtic fans bang in the middle of the stand surrounded by a company of fully armed marines or something

Someone asked Ibbo how one game proved his point, This is how ...............

Assume the prem will be reached in the next year or so. Wednesday at home to any one of a number of clubs, all sell out as near as damn it.

? How many casuals have we disappointed and how many of those fans will adopt the attitude of 'if I can't watch the big games why should I bother with the less attractive games'

I think the  capacity should be restored at the 1961 level of 65,000, I'd love to see the old style Kop swaying with 30K standing fans. Maybe this can't happen But the fools that proclaim for downsizing are wrong a million fold. Nothing wrong with a half full stadium that has 30,000 in it, far better than a rammed 20K game.   

It only held 18,000 uncovered and 22,500 when covered Nev.. I know health and safety was not an issue in 1961 but I don't think we,ve had anything like 30k on the kop.

Edited by Soul Power

Some premier league representatives have been at Hillsborough this week going over requirements for sky/media....

Just think how amazing this is compared to where we were just a short while ago.

Hi Soul Power, After the completion of the North stand I will cite semi-finals with an attendance of 65,000 sell out.

Leppings lane held 12,000 all standing

North Stand  Held   10,000 + Seated

South Stand inc old terrace 16,600

Leaving 26,400 to fit on the Kop, this was before the Kop was squared off, it was not until the Kop was squared off, but before the seats were installed that the capacity was reduced (for the Kop) to 22,000.

Since then the trend has continued the ground has got bigger while the capacity has had a series of reductions.

My contention is the Kop when squared off must have had the capacity for at least 30K and probably more prior to the seats going in. I just wonder how many would have been on the Kop in that 72K cup match with Manchester City back in the thirties.    

Probably 18K what's your point.... Last Game of season v Manchester United both sides bidding for European qualification. Touche' 

The whole concept of the Bakers Dozen is that reasonable over capacity/production represents a growing customer base and .'. good business practice.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

How does one game prove your point ?

and about 10.000 of those fans at that game wont have been to a game since

For the love of god,one offs aren't potential,any bugger can turn up when there's something to be achieved,promotions and or semi finals and the like,the average attendance for the season you mention was 20k ish,18,000 turned up for one goddamned game,no where to be seen season after or since,that aint potential.

Are you guys always this thick are do you have to work at it.

My point is and always has been about having a capacity big enough to cater for really big crowds at certain games, then you get some idiot going on about averages in years gone by but totally ignoring our huge crowds at certain times.

Yeah do what the ridiculously named 'realist' wants and build a ground holding 25-30,000, sure, that'll sell out regularly if not always.

Or, and this is the point some of the negative nannies keep missing, build a ground in excess of 45,000 where i guarantee you we will sell out more than you seem to grasp.

So what if we only sell 25-30,000 at times! It's better to have the capacity to handle the big occasion which mark my words, will happen more often than they have for the last 15 years.

Positive Owls, climb aboard.

Negative Owls(realist, chuffin Zippy from Rainbow and the rest) phook off!!

Hi Soul Power, After the completion of the North stand I will cite semi-finals with an attendance of 65,000 sell out.

Leppings lane held 12,000 all standing

North Stand Held 10,000 + Seated

South Stand inc old terrace 16,600

Leaving 26,400 to fit on the Kop, this was before the Kop was squared off, it was not until the Kop was squared off, but before the seats were installed that the capacity was reduced (for the Kop) to 22,000.

Since then the trend has continued the ground has got bigger while the capacity has had a series of reductions.

My contention is the Kop when squared off must have had the capacity for at least 30K and probably more prior to the seats going in. I just wonder how many would have been on the Kop in that 72K cup match with Manchester City back in the thirties.

Fair point. I only went on the uncovered kop in the 60,s and with around 20k on there it was packed like sardines so to increase this by 50% to 30k makes me wonder how it was practically posible.

You do realise when they squared the kop off it was made bigger not smaller?

Edited by Soul Power

Are you guys always this thick are do you have to work at it.

My point is and always has been about having a capacity big enough to cater for really big crowds at certain games, then you get some idiot going on about averages in years gone by but totally ignoring our huge crowds at certain times.

Yeah do what the ridiculously named 'realist' wants and build a ground holding 25-30,000, sure, that'll sell out regularly if not always.

Or, and this is the point some of the negative nannies keep missing, build a ground in excess of 45,000 where i guarantee you we will sell out more than you seem to grasp.

So what if we only sell 25-30,000 at times! It's better to have the capacity to handle the big occasion which mark my words, will happen more often than they have for the last 15 years.

Positive Owls, climb aboard.

Negative Owls(realist, chuffin Zippy from Rainbow and the rest) phook off!!

OOOH get you,put your claws away love,every empty seat is lost money,theres too many of em now,so lets build a bigger stand/stadium,aye thats the way forward is it,christ almighty,its like arguing with petulant kids on here,have a capacity of 35,000,let there be demand for more tickets/seats every season,then, when the demand is there,make it bigger,i'd sooner have fans moaning and bitching about not being able to get tickets/seats because we're sold out every home game than the "maydo,could do,will do" mantra thats seems the norm on here.

Id rather build it big enough so as many kids can get to see Wednesday play the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton in a packed out Hillsborough and let someone else worry about the 4 or 5 games that may not quite sell out

Id rather build it big enough so as many kids can get to see Wednesday play the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton in a packed out Hillsborough and let someone else worry about the 4 or 5 games that may not quite sell out

The only think for me is what happens if we build it too big and we get relegated back down a bit like Cardiff. It'd be worse atmosphere than now which is why I say 45k is more than enough for us with 3k away fans.

The only think for me is what happens if we build it too big and we get relegated back down a bit like Cardiff. It'd be worse atmosphere than now which is why I say 45k is more than enough for us with 3k away fans.

I would suggest re-locating the family stand away from the Grandstand for a start, that way you can close the upper tier if needed. Use the same philosophy for any future developments.

Assume most of the this extra capacity would come from a rebuilt LLE so another, what, 8,000 or so seats? Given the unfortunate history of this area and the compact entry/exit and it is the entry point for half the ground with home and away fans mixing would the police/safety authorities tolerate all those extra bodies in such a pinch point without major remodelling (Knocking down a load of the houses at that end to increase the space available)? Was it mentioned as an issue in the World cup plans?

Assume most of the this extra capacity would come from a rebuilt LLE so another, what, 8,000 or so seats? Given the unfortunate history of this area and the compact entry/exit and it is the entry point for half the ground with home and away fans mixing would the police/safety authorities tolerate all those extra bodies in such a pinch point without major remodelling (Knocking down a load of the houses at that end to increase the space available)? Was it mentioned as an issue in the World cup plans?

Well I think theyd make it so you cannot walk past to the south anymore and make home fans go over the bridge for the South/kop

Only thing is north stand fans but I think it would be ok