The New West Stand

Travel to Hillsborough id fine.

It would be great if they opened up Wadsley Bridge station too. The tram is always full.

That would be a fantastic idea. The away fans can get a train straight to the away end of the ground. They used to do this, didn't they?

How many good old historical grounds are left? Personally when we do finally get back in the prem, I'm looking more forward to revisiting the great old grounds such as Old Trafford, Anfield (if it still there), Good is on and Stamford Bridge. The Emirates and so on will be nice to visit as new grounds, but it's the classics for me.

I forget to include White Hart Lane

I personally think we'd never really a capacity of over 45k. Doubt we'd ever need anymore than 40k really.

Could use 2/3000 seats in the lepp end of the north for away fans for half a season/season until the stand is in a state to have the fans again

With the way things are in the Prem, should we find ourselves in West Hams current position, 40k would be nowhere near enough. Edited by ohgoditsjames

With the way things are in the Prem, should we find ourselves in West Hams current position, 40k would be nowhere near enough.

Our current capacity is enough even in a west hams position. West Ham draw fans from all over London as well as abroad because they are from London, and are one of the best supported clubs in England. We don't have the same draw as a club from the big city with English and foreign supporters

Our current capacity is enough even in a west hams position. West Ham draw fans from all over London as well as abroad because they are from London, and are one of the best supported clubs in England. We don't have the same draw as a club from the big city with English and foreign supporters

We draw support from all over Yorkshire and dare I say the country. If we were pushing for Champions league football it would be inevitable that we'd attract pig fans.

We draw support from all over Yorkshire and dare I say the country. If we were pushing for Champions league football it would be inevitable that we'd attract pig fans.

Yorkshire yes country no. There's a reason why pig fans call us deluded. We are a big club but our support is limited to Yorkshire with a couple of thousand fans dotted around.

Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Derby, Notts Forrest and Villa. Given the circumstances then 40k would simply not be big enough.

Furthermore, in these days of ticketing set a limit of 40K on your expectations and there will always be a fear of risking the travel without a 100% confidence of getting in.

Believe it or not but Hillsborough was always a comfortable place in the 1960's with a capacity of 65,000 and had housed 72K + then the capacity started being reduced even before the Kop was seated 58k, 55k now we're down to 38K and can understand why some of our younger element ridicule just where the missing 27K may have been placed.

I say be bold and build it Big with a minimum capacity of 55-60K. It might only be near capacity (Prem) once a season, But as with me once seen never forgotten.  

The only other major ground that has been renovated but kept some of its identity and doesn't look like four random sheds that I can think of is Old Trafford. If we did something akin to that, where all corners are filled and the roof looks like it's one big stadium not four sheds then yes. But have we really got that money or ambition?

No, no,no. Old trafford has lost all its atmosphere due to the high roofs same as Arsenal, Newcastle etc.

The World Cup plans looked good- but in reality what would the costs be? And how would they compare to a purpose built new stadium? Which would prove to be the most profitable re running costs, matchday corporate/commercial operations, stadium use outside matchday etc?

What's the nearest decent stadium venue for concerts/other sports events etc? The Etihad? Maybe with a new 40,000 modern stadium we could be generating all sorts of other incomes?

It cost Brighton 93m quid to build a 30k seater stadium!! Add maybe another 20m to get it to 40k!! Redeveloping Hillsborough would be a much cheaper proposition and would maintain our capacity at the very least.

Where are these 35,000 home fans going to find the money from to sell out Hillsborough if we are in the Prem? Apparently people simply don't have the money to go now and I can't see it being any cheaper if we go up.

How much would a Cat A game be, £50?

Fans come from far and wide when you are in the Prem. I know four families who go to Man City from Yorkshire, who would never have done so in their dark days. Young kids want to go to watch household names.

Lets hope that DC gets the balance right, keeping prices at a level that the lifelong fan can afford. So far we have very little reason to doubt anything he does. The 3 year ST prices would suggest he is prepared to aim at the regular fan.

Heres a story to warm your heart....convinced an ex ST family to go to the Charlton match with his wife and son. They loved it (well the second half anyway). His son had fallen out of love with watching us, so dad bought two ST at the Etihad. He said the football is tedious and sterile, there is no atmosphere, and travel/parking is a nightmare. He now wishes he had bought ST at Hillsborough and will not renew at City.

By far the greater priority before building new stands or grounds, is to vastly improve and extend the training ground. For a club of our standing and ambition, Middlewood Rd is a disgrace. Just 3 full size grass pitches, the inflatable dome over artificial surface, a second artificial surface open to the elements and a small indoor exercise area is totally insufficient for the 1st team squad, Dev Squad and under 21 squad needs, on top of which we have every age group from U12-U 18 (each with a 20 man squad) using them !!! We do hire 2 artificial pitches at a nearby college, but this is nowhere good enough, if we are heading for the premiership and trying to attract the best players. Leave the stadium for a little while and improving our prioritise training facilities.