The New West Stand

Guest Grez Bez

I mention it a lot but there is enough space behind the kop for a three tier concourse that will easily accommodate a full kop. Just need to build the roof back to Penistone road. Could even leave the tree in  doors for sentimental reason.

I think we are in a very unique position where most clubs have left their old grounds and we are almost a novelty now. We should build on the fact it is old rather than knock it down. 

It's only the pillars and concourses that are a problem but the latter is easily resolved

I think we should wait till we go up ,not sure how much it would cost but must be mega bucks .though why was the west stand and north west corner ok to fill all of seats inc end strip of north stand until 3-4years ago and suddenly not safe now? I think a new west stand on 2levels inc corners in future could be used for both home and away ,we get half upper and lower and away other once that's done then kop can be done again 2 levels ,the unbelievable amount of money just for 1 season in prem and huge amouts of payments for 3years after I would spend on ground and training facilities and sort out our youth system . defo we should not be paying players 100k a week do something similar to bournemouth  regards team spend rest on getting ground and everything else right.

The only other major ground that has been renovated but kept some of its identity and doesn't look like four random sheds that I can think of is Old Trafford. If we did something akin to that, where all corners are filled and the roof looks like it's one big stadium not four sheds then yes. But have we really got that money or ambition?

Does anyone else think our dated ground might actually be to our advantage in the premiership? It used to be a treat for the opposition to come here in League One for players coming to a big historic stadium but for some of the higher profile modern stars, they might hate it. Add to a packed Hillsborough and we could turn the old lady into a fortress.

Although we might also struggle to attract better quality players without the facilities.

Edited by PeteG_1984

How can we segregate in the home areas without upsetting season ticket holders by

compulsory re-location?

we can give the away fans the last third of the north stand ( next to triangle ) and move the knuckle draggers who currently sit there pointing and grunting at the away fans. 

Probably.

Hopefully the plans are already being drawn up.

I don't totally agree with the argument that we must go up before anything can be redeveloped though.

There are plenty of recent examples of clubs at our level and below investing in modernising their grounds. If we were to do that then it wouldn't necessarily mean that we would neglect the squad financially.

I have complete faith in our owner's ambition on the evidence of the last 12 months though. I'm confident that we'll see some significant upgrades in the next few years.

Brizzle are the perfect example . Built a new stand last season and are building another this season. 

Guest mkowl

That Swansea game was something else - remember it was more the stinging hail than snow causing anguish. But the wind chill factor as well. Not sure a roof would have helped too much that day.

I was always consider there is a huge amount of wasted space with the Kop and indeed West Stand. Just going on the basis of stadia like the KC or indeed Stadium MK which feel more spacious but in fact probably take up less space

I went on a ground tour recently and the guide took us up into the leppings lane end and spoke briefly about it being redeveloped and that's Chansiri would only do it after promotion and the plans that Lee Strafford out in place would be used as it's the quickest and easiest to implement.

I'd do the Kop up 1st and move away fans to lepp end of North so we could use West Stand for re-located home fans.

Kop I'd basically just do world cup plans then West I'd build a 2 tier stand and keep it as a home end with a massive bar underneath for match & non match days also a executive area in middle not exec boxes but top notch facilities then with access to some seating in front of that.

In nwc I'd upgrade what's there and put boxes which can be used as hotel rooms on non match days.

Also extend north upper concourse.

Regarding access Hillsborough is one of best to get away from in my experience.

Edited by coopswfc76

Guest Grez Bez

Travel to Hillsborough id fine.

It would be great if they opened up Wadsley Bridge station too. The tram is always full.

I'd flatten the Leppings Lane end and replace with something like the North Stand at Stamford Bridge.

B3XmqOKIUAA7sgy.jpg

In two minds as to when we should do it. If we do it whilst in the Prem we could end up like when Wolves built a brand new stand, only to go down that season and never return (to date). But we may need Prem money to make it a viable development. Don't want the Strafford development though, smacks of short-termism.

It maybe that we could keep parts of the existing stand (lower tier) open to away fans while we do some work, like removing the roof, taking seats out of upper tier. Then look at temporarily housing away fans in the Lepp end of the North Stand and then open up the new Leppings Lane end in stages as it develops.

Guest Ash76

Nothing will be done until we have spent a season in the Premiership.

Agree, Wednesday fans are brilliant at spending other people money but don't want to part with any of their own

Edited by Ash76

I also agree to a complete re-build of the Kop, so that it has two tiers of concourse running under the stand, the corners are filled in, there are no pillars and the seats don't just look like they have been randomly stuck on where the terracing used to be. Visually something like the Kop at Anfield (all be it doing a better job in the corner between Kop and North Stand). This would be further down the line, but a re-developed Leppings Lane end as outlined above, would give the opportunity to house home fans in one tier and away in the other tier whilst this work was going on.

Liverpool-TheKop02.jpg

Then finally, if we got really massive - expansion of the North Stand like Man Utd have done with their North Stand. This undoubtedly be a long way off, but I recall back in the mid-90s there was talk of buying up the houses behind the North to make room for car parking, a business/retail park (maybe even a hotel :ph34r: ). We had the ambition then, no reason why in 10 years time we cannot be back in that way of thinking.

20060801125626!Old_Trafford_inside_20060

No Hillsborough is our home and there's loads of room to improve & expand.

Is there though? The south stand is supposedly our main stand and the concourses are cramped and dull like rabbit warrens. The north is the same. The west is a virtual write off and the Kop has little room for manoeuvre.