The New West Stand

Who knows if it is even on the agenda but if it is doesn't it need doing asap?

Carrying out building work while we are in the Premier League will result in lots of lost revenue. If we get out this season then it will be taken out of our hands anyway but I imagine DC has a plan for this. I can see us doing a quick refurb/tart-up job if we go up this season.

It does need a quality rebuild but we can still sell out at 31/32,000 including segregation in the home areas if this was done during a Prem season

How can we segregate in the home areas without upsetting season ticket holders by

compulsory re-location?

It is concerning to hear that we are no longer allowed to sell all of the seats in the North Stand and West Stand due to safety reasons.

I understand that it would be very costly to bring the ground back up to scratch, but hopefully there are some long term plans being discussed about this behind the scenes at the moment.

Even if it is done in phases over 10 years, we need to get on top of it fairly soon one way or the other.

It is concerning to hear that we are no longer allowed to sell all of the seats in the North Stand and West Stand due to safety reasons.

I understand that it would be very costly to bring the ground back up to scratch, but hopefully there are some long term plans being discussed about this behind the scenes at the moment.

Even if it is done in phases over 10 years, we need to get on top of it fairly soon one way or the other.

Nothing to do with "safety", it's SYP and the "SAG" being paranoid fannies. There are few grounds with as big a gap between home and away fans for segregation, yet for some reason we're still prevented from selling hundreds of seats at the edges of stands (when the demand is there) by these outside bodies. Utterly pathetic, when other clubs have home and away fans sharing the same stand separated only by a thin line of stewards and have no issues.

The outside of the stand looks terrible though, needs some blue cladding bunging over it at the very least.

Has to go ASAP its an appaling stand which was badly designed even by 1960's standards. I always said it should have remained the home end even just after it was built. In 1964 it should have been extended backwards and made into a fully covered standing end holding about 15k. Half the kop should have been made the eventual away end. If that had been the case just a covered terrace would have been easy to seat in 1993 and then made into something much better about now.

How can we segregate in the home areas without upsetting season ticket holders by

compulsory re-location?

Either the netted off area of the North or the end two sections of the Granstand towards the Lepp, neither of these areas have seats sold to season ticket holders.

From a logistical viewpoint the Kop is a terrible stand. Woeful facilities, exposed to the elements and antiquated turnstiles.

It's essentially covered terracing on a hill.

Can't the turnstiles and the facilities be improved without demolishing it? And wouldn't the World Cup designs sort out the posts and whatever being exposed to the elements means?! Edited by RUMBELOWS91

From a logistical viewpoint the Kop is a terrible stand. Woeful facilities, EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS

I take it you weren't stood alongside us on the kop during the Swansea City snowstorm of 83-84?

We were covered like snowmen and had to scrape our eyes 6 times to witness each of our goals, included that John Toshack own goal.

That was the game we all sang "Bert McGhee, give us a roof!"

We were real men!!!

(teenagers with hot aches actually)

I take it you weren't stood alongside us on the kop during the Swansea City snowstorm of 83-84?

We were covered like snowmen and had to scrape our eyes 6 times to witness each of our goals, included that John Toshack own goal.

That was the game we all sang "Bert McGhee, give us a roof!"

We were real men!!!

(teenagers with hot aches actually)

Nothing to do with the actual roof.

I'm talking about the concourses, even the toilets have only recently been covered with corregated plastic.

Speaking as Kop dweller since 1969.  The day it's demolished and replaced with a state of the art stand can't come to soon.

It's an anachronism from a bygone era.

I'd do it before the Lep.

Edited by Sham67