14,000 season tickets

The people saying 14k is poor are truly clueless.

14,000 Season Tickets in 6 weeks in the first window that also came early which also includes new season ticket holders and thousands haven't renewed yet is an amazing amount. Thosands haven't renewed yet and there's no reason why they won't in the next windo suggests that we will hit a high amount of season ticket holders because I can also see there being even more new people in the upcoming windows.

I'm one of the new season ticket holders.

Genuine questions , why do clubs have different phases?

What is the point of it?

Why not say these are the prices up to maybe a couple of weeks before the seasons end, the club would then still know what kind of budget it was working to, and would also help fans sort their budgets.

The people saying 14k is poor are truly clueless.

14,000 Season Tickets in 6 weeks in the first window that also came early which also includes new season ticket holders and thousands haven't renewed yet is an amazing amount. Thosands haven't renewed yet and there's no reason why they won't in the next windo suggests that we will hit a high amount of season ticket holders because I can also see there being even more new people in the upcoming windows.

I'm one of the new season ticket holders.

If thousands haven't renewed in the cheapest window i would have thought it logical that they won't be at all?

So the people who allways get one have got one...now the sensible approach would be to only raise the phase 2 by a few quid...if they bump them up too much yhey will hardly sell anymore ...unless we go up..i would imagine they wont start selling them again till he knows what division we are in

Sensible would be the Club now gives advanced notice of Phase 2 dates to allow those who couldn't afford to renew in Dec/Jan the chance to plan to buy this time around.

Would also announce this is the final phase of sales until we know what league we are in. Once we know what league we are in, Phase 3 comes into play - still in the Championship, then a 5-10% increase, but in the Premier League, a top whack increase to capitalise on the glory hunters wanting in on Premier League football.

If thousands haven't renewed in the cheapest window i would have thought it logical that they won't be at all?

1. They might not have been able to afford it given the short notice and expensive time of year.

2. They may still be paying off their existing season ticket and waiting for that to be paid first.

3. They may be happy to pay Phase 2 prices because they paid Phase 2 or 3 last season.

That's very disappointing

Thats pretty much our usual total of season ticket holders - all renewing early because they've been forced to.

Looks like holding a gun to fans with the matchday prices hasnt worked.

I'd like to know how many of those 14k are buying their first season ticket

Agreed. We'd have pretty much sold that if it was Feb to March or March to April.

However, if we push on to 18k overall I think that's a good effort

Instead of moaning about them who haven't bought a ST For next season enjoy your own at the price you've paid

Exactly this

If you've bought one well done enjoy the fact that you've got a 1/2/3 year ticket at reasonable prices

if you haven't renewed then I can only assume that you don't intend on going as much otherwise why wouldn't you renew at those prices

if you couldn't afford the deal that close after xmas then fair enough no point killing yourself to afford it a bit cheaper but there might be a renewal price in the 2nd phase nobody knows yet  

I don't mind paying extra in the 2nd phase as I have a lot to shell out in the first few months of the year that was my choice to prioritise other things over swfc so therefore I cant moan at paying extra when I decide to indulge in a season ticket

just be happy that we have an owner who is investing and we are watching the best football in 20 years no point moaning about a few hundred quid is it in the bigger picture of things

This is the best football we've played in the last 18 years which is why we've seen thousands of new ST holders, one of which is me. We've also had people get one who haven't had one for years. The thousands that haven't renewed will have between now and August to fund a ticket. There is literally no reason why they won't renew in the upcoming windows. I think we will get at least 20k ST holders next season, definitely even more if we get promoted which is great.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

1. They might not have been able to afford it given the short notice and expensive time of year.

2. They may still be paying off their existing season ticket and waiting for that to be paid first.

3. They may be happy to pay Phase 2 prices because they paid Phase 2 or 3 last season.

What if they are 1 and or 2 and paid P1 last season?

The comment about credit sums up the attitude of Sheffield to other parts of the country. People elsewhere aren't afraid to take out credit because they know they can afford to repay. The culture in Sheffield and surrounding areas is to save and spend.

I know of people who wouldn't \ couldn't pay £500 in one go (fair enough) but wouldn't consider credit. It's almost like a stigma.

You seem to be phrasing this as a negative trait?

Maybe if the powers that be only spent what they could afford we wouldn't be in the economic mess that we are. People in this day and age are born into debt, quite literally, the government takes out a loan on every child born knowing they'll get the money back through future taxes.

On the 14,000, that's decent. Nothing particularly special but not a disaster either. With continued good form and sensible pricing in the second phase we will easily surpass last year's total.

Edited by Dan™

Genuine questions , why do clubs have different phases?

What is the point of it?

Why not say these are the prices up to maybe a couple of weeks before the seasons end, the club would then still know what kind of budget it was working to, and would also help fans sort their budgets.

This makes more sense to me^^^^

Not sure if it's correct but I'm sure someone on here said this is what Derby do?

Thats pretty much our usual total of season ticket holders - all renewing early because they've been forced to.

me and two others I know

Me +2

There is literally no reason why they won't renew in the upcoming windows.

Really? Do you really think fans won't have any alternative but to attend.

Having used the big stick all season - aided and abetted by those on here, I think 14,000 is pretty poor.

Unless the Club price phase 2 & phase 3 ST's and the subsequent POTG prices, for both home and away supporters, reasonably - then they have got it to come next season. Same as the Executive boxes.

As opposed to building a fan base - the Club is slowly eroding it.

8 POTG categories - and £43:00 against Bristol, to watch second Division football?

Completely deluded. I've said it all along. And, I've not been this season - and have no intention of doing so either.

Let's see for next season if their is a change in direction - but I won't hold my breath.

I shan't be paying this seasons prices - next season, in any event. So it's up to the Club now.

I can't for the life of me understand why we don't release all our prices at once, with two months notice. Release everything on New Years Day.

Phase 1 is going to be on sale in March

Phase 2 is going to be on sale in April

Phase 3 is from May until the start of the season

And release matchday prices too.

Let people know Phase 1 ST is the best way to go, and give them time to save up.

1st April, when everyone thinks Phase 2 is to start, tell everyone they can still get Phase 1 prices for another week.

Those dithering about getting a Phase 2 would snap them up in that first week of April.

Instead we lay Phase 1 prices on New Years Day, tell people they've got a month to stump up the cash, don't incentivise people by telling them how much Phase 2 are, don't release POTD prices - just a complete mess.

95% of what I post on here is complete crap, the other 7% isn't much better.

I post to have a laugh a joke to wind people up but some of the posts in this thread are seriously criticising 14,000 tickets sold. Unbelievable.

You will moan about anything won't you.