14,000 season tickets

Doesn't suit me as I felt we could and should have achieved significantly higher sales by the first deadline.

If those targets had been reached, then those sales figures could have been used to build momentum and sell even more in the coming months.

I would have been delighted with having higher attendances and better atmospheres whilst increasing revenues, and doing it without any financial risk to the club.

Given the combination of:

1. Best football and chance of success for 15 years

2. Precedent the club set last year with the huge increases in subsequent phases of prices

It seems logical nearly all existing ST holders would want to renew, and would want to do it in the first phase to avoid being stung.

The fact thousands haven't is, in my opinion, a failure.

I didn't want to see it.

I don't think it's too late to do something about it, build on the positives, and rectify the negatives, and will be delighted if that's what happens.

Currently I'm very concerned the club will significantly raise the prices (as they did last time and have warned this time), we won't see huge further uptake, and we'll end up with a similar number of ST's.

Great post IMO.

It's up to the Club now isn't it? They either build on the core of 14,000 ST's with further reasonable pricing - or carry on with unrealistic pricing for those other than the EB ST holders.

So it hasn't occurred to you that the thousands who haven't renewed YET have not had enough money because of Christmas commitments but intend on buying one when the window next opens because they'll have money by then? You seriously expected everyone to renew straight away?! Wow.

The fact that we've attracted thousands of new ST holders is an achievement itself. Selling 14,000 in 6 weeks of which 8000 were 3 year deals is also a massive achievement.

I think that is his point.

They haven't renewed because they were given one pay day straight after Xmas to do it.

Hence, it could have been delivered to market better.

Get in touch with the club

Get in touch with fans groups

Organise walk outs/protests with other fans seeing as there's so many unhappy with prices

Contact the Football Supporters' Federation (http://www.fsf.org.uk)

Anything to try and resolve the issue rather than moaning and not seeking to do anything about it

They're all at it, reading, kivo, tas. They take moaning to unprecedented levels, it's the most infuriating and repetitive thing on this site. What have they done about it, roger all, what will they do about it, roger all. Questions actually how much they give a poo poo, or are just moaning for the sake of moaning.

From a cash flow point of view this has certainly been a success.

14,000 for next season.

At least 7,000 of which have committed for an extra two years.  Plus a few year probably committing to another year via the two year option.

Effectively the club will have received the equivalent cash to selling 30,000 season tickets.

7000 3 year tickets at min £1200 = £8.4m

7000 at min £400 £2.8m

Ok kids prices to take off that, but North and South to add to average price

£11m

Not bad for 6 weeks work

And nobody has a clue what the club had predicted internally

Usual suspects determined to paint a negative slant on the news

So it hasn't occurred to you that the thousands who haven't renewed YET have not had enough money because of Christmas commitments but intend on buying one when the window next opens because they'll have money by then? You seriously expected everyone to renew straight away?! Wow.

The fact that we've attracted thousands of new ST holders is an achievement itself. Selling 14,000 in 6 weeks of which 8000 were 3 year deals is also a massive achievement.

So you think fans will be delighted to pay a potentially huge increase later because the club put the tickets on sale at a stupid time of year without any warning?

You can re-emphasize the positives till the cows come home.

The negatives will still be there until they are addressed.

In an ideal World I agree with you.  The problem is that from a cash flow point of view, like any business, Wednesday want the money sooner rather than later.  This strategy would see the vast amount of fans wait until the end of July before they bought their season ticket.

I get what you're saying about sooner rather than later, but given 14000 have already signed up, the club now has a big chunk of cash.

They won't have such a big influx of cash for future years renewals given so many have opted for the 2 & 3 year deals.

So for now, put s/t back on sale and leave them at current prices until the start of next season.  It may just create a little bit of goodwill given the poo poo that's been created over the season regarding ticket prices.

They're all at it, reading, kivo, tas. They take moaning to unprecedented levels, it's the most infuriating and repetitive thing on this site. What have they done about it, roger all, what will they do about it, roger all. Questions actually how much they give a poo poo, or are just moaning for the sake of moaning.

Its a football forum.

They are quite entitled to give an opinion without being expected to have the time/inclination to organise some kind of organised protest against the club.

I don't agree with many of the decisions made by MP's, it doesn't mean that I can be bothered to march on The House of Commons.

Ridiculous.

There was a mass 'twentys plenty' protest done across the country, may have been when we were at home to Preston.

Across the country, banners, protests, songs, walk outs at certain times etc.

At Hillsborough, a stadium with the 'highest prices' in the league, with the amount of moaning across social media and forums...what happened?

Nothing. Not a whisper...not a whimper...nothing.

Liverpool fans walked out of the stands on 77 minutes. Days after the club announced tickets at £77. DAYS AFTER.

This is months down the line since POTD prices were announced & people are still doing nothing but whinge on here. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

I think that is his point.

They haven't renewed because they were given one pay day straight after Xmas to do it.

Hence, it could have been delivered to market better.

His point was that they won't ever renew, which is ridiculous. People who haven't renewed YET will most likely end up renewing.

They could totally smash this from here. But they won't.

Step One - on 22nd February Announce that due to fan feedback they are putting season tickets back on sale at Early Bird Prices for just one week to coincide with people getting paid at the end of Feb.

Step Two - At the End of March announce Phase Two Prices are available April 1st to April 30th. Make Phase Two Prices just 5% more than Phase One.

If we are still in the top 6 in April, they will absolutely smash sales here.

If they do the above they will sell 18,000 - 20,000 season tickets in my view. If that really is his aim with averages of well in excess of 25,000, then this has to be the way to go.

This sounds more logical

Its a football forum.

They are quite entitled to give an opinion without being expected to have the time/inclination to organise some kind of organised protest against the club.

I don't agree with many of the decisions made by MP's, it doesn't mean that I can be bothered to march on The House of Commons.

Ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as that MP comment. Hardly similar scenarios are they.

Ask the site owners and Mods to ban them - you can only register for the site if you supply your ST number?

Ironically, those moaning are similarly arguing for the future and soul of the Club. A sustainable, community football Club in Sheffield. Some are even ST holders, too.

But some of are just too thick to understand.

And, you spend all your time on here crying about the negativity, rubbish attendances and attempting to censor people from posting.

Proper thickos.

I get what you're saying about sooner rather than later, but given 14000 have already signed up, the club now has a big chunk of cash.

They won't have such a big influx of cash for future years renewals given so many have opted for the 2 & 3 year deals.

So for now, put s/t back on sale and leave them at current prices until the start of next season.  It may just create a little bit of goodwill given the poo poo that's been created over the season regarding ticket prices.

There are certainly worse strategies they could decide upon.

I think the main risk is that next season when they try and sell tickets at Early Bird will anybody buy or will they just say "the club will do the same as least season, I'll renew in the Summer"

At the end of the day certain people are expecting cheaper tickets by doing nothing about it bar posting angry messages on a forum and not attending games when the prices are dropped.

But they are doing something about it by not buying tickets.

Not sure why they should be doing anything else.

Problem is, some of the people saying that 14,000 isn't good enough after only 6 weeks are also the same people that haven't bothered to renew and had no intentions on renewing. I'm proud to say that I've got my first ever season ticket for next season.

People had the option to finance it if you didn't have the cash upfront.

Edited by ohgoditsjames