14,000 season tickets

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/201516-season-tickets-back-on-sale-2422271.aspx

That seems to imply phase 1 sales last year was "just under 12,000".

Now there's a lot of factors here - better performance, experience of Chansiri's POTD and phase 2 pricing structure, 3 year ST opportunity - which should push it up. It was also a 4 week sales period as opposed to 6.

I think it'll be up to each individual which factor they think is responsible for the increase in sales, but in my opinion Chansiri probably wanted slightly more than that given the drive towards making phase one season tickets the clear best option value for money wise.

If any season ticket holder this season doesn't want to renew after what they've watched this year they never will

For me the window was to early and proper notice wasn't given hopefully most who haven't renewed will do so in the next window although some may not as they may feel that they have been penalised for not having the money in January

I managed to scrape the necessary together for me and the daughter but it was a struggle many will not have been able to and I think this shows the club got it wrong with the timing of the first window

Guest wilyfox

'In addition, we are delighted to welcome thousands of brand new Season Ticket holders on board for the start of what will surely be another exciting campaign in 2016/17!'

Sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully prices won't increase unreasonably in subsequent phases, enabling those yet to renew or purchase a fair chance of joining them in due course. I'm sure POTD lessons will have been learnt as well, leading to bigger home crowds next season.

'In addition, we are delighted to welcome thousands of brand new Season Ticket holders on board for the start of what will surely be another exciting campaign in 2016/17!'

Sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully prices won't increase unreasonably in subsequent phases, enabling those yet to renew or purchase a fair chance of joining them in due course. I'm sure POTD lessons will have been learnt as well, leading to bigger home crowds next season.

If ST prices have gone up, so will POTD.

Guest wilyfox

If ST prices have gone up, so will POTD.

Wait and see. Chansiri has already had to respond to POTD criticism this season with new initiatives slashing prices. He'd be a fool to repeat the same mistakes next year.

95% of what I post on here is complete crap, the other 7% isn't much better.

I post to have a laugh a joke to wind people up but some of the posts in this thread are seriously criticising 14,000 tickets sold. Unbelievable.

You will moan about anything won't you.

It isn't black and white.

Positive - at least 2k new ST holders

Negative - at least 4K existing ST holders haven't renewed

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect a better renewal rate after the way this season has gone so far?

Even if only half those non-renewals had renewed, it would have been 16K.

It remains to be seen what the club does for later phases.

They could still get it right.

The concern is they could still get it wrong, because nobody knows when tickets are going back on sale, or how much they will cost when they do.

While people are concerned, they aren't happy.

Fundamentally, that isn't good.

From a cash flow point of view this has certainly been a success.

14,000 for next season.

At least 7,000 of which have committed for an extra two years.  Plus a few year probably committing to another year via the two year option.

Effectively the club will have received the equivalent cash to selling 30,000 season tickets.

They are dear we are more expensive than nearly half the premier league can't understand how people don't get that.We play the like of Rotherham n Mk Dons those with lower prices in the premier league watch the Manchester clubs. Bizarre

Probably because we are playing catch up big time and the sky tv deal for the PL might just be a couple of factors!!!

Promotion this year and people will magically find the money.

Of course they will. It's no different to other forms of entertainment. People won't pay 20 quid to watch [insert name of crappy band here] but will gladly shell out 150 quid to watch [insert name of your favourite band here]. Pretty easy to understand, imo, so I'm not sure why you choose to have a dig at fellow supporters, who can spend their money how and when they like, without having to justify it to anyone.

Good sales. I'm sure that will increase to around 16,500/17,000 come the start of next season if we're still in the Championship.

That figure will rocket should we get promoted to the Premier League.

As opposed to building a fan base - the Club is slowly eroding it.

WTF:

I'm sure WHEN Premier League football comes along, the average attendance will rocket to a level we've not seen for decades.

Promotion this year and people will magically find the money.

This.

Edited by BRADDAZ