14,000 season tickets

The level of fannieness in this thread is astounding even by this site's standards, led from the front yet again by the biggest fanny on here, Kivo.

Good grief.

I think Kivo is completely right - he has been all season. A true Wenesdayite IMO. Thinking about others and the Club - as well as himself.

So are the fans that collectively protested at Liverpool. They won't push through their price increases - you watch.

But you lot lap it up on here - as long as you aren't affected.

Some so called fans have been shameless on here this season. Kivo isn't one of them.

3 season tickets not renewed here......YET. too much after Christmas.... so please Mr chansiri don't go silly hight with your price rise. 460 on the kop next please....480....dangerous .....500....no for me.

There is phycology in this somewhere. I'm sure if you keep the next phase nicely below 500 you will sell many more....go above and you risk alienating many fans and being a statistic in the ever raging ticket price war ongoing at the minute.

Quick guess, if we have sold 21,000 tickets ( Including 2/3 year deals). Thats a cash deal of £10 Million straight into the club ! In about a month !!! At £500 a ticket average. 

Edited by _Ibbo_

It isn't black and white.

Positive - at least 2k new ST holders

Negative - at least 4K existing ST holders haven't renewed

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect a better renewal rate after the way this season has gone so far?

Even if only half those non-renewals had renewed, it would have been 16K.

It remains to be seen what the club does for later phases.

They could still get it right.

The concern is they could still get it wrong, because nobody knows when tickets are going back on sale, or how much they will cost when they do.

While people are concerned, they aren't happy.

Fundamentally, that isn't good.

They could totally smash this from here.  But they won't.

Step One - on 22nd February Announce that due to fan feedback they are putting season tickets back on sale at Early Bird Prices for just one week to coincide with people getting paid at the end of Feb.

Step Two - At the End of March announce Phase Two Prices are available April 1st to April 30th.  Make Phase Two Prices just 5% more than Phase One. 

If we are still in the top 6 in April, they will absolutely smash sales here.

If they do the above they will sell 18,000 - 20,000 season tickets in my view.  If that really is his aim with averages of well in excess of 25,000, then this has to be the way to go.

Quick guess, if we have sold 21,000 tickets ( Including 2/3 year deals). Thats a cash deal of £10 Million straight into the club ! In about a month !!! At £500 a ticket average. 

It must be at least 28,000.  14,000 committed for next season and over half have committed to 3 year deals.

Therefore 7,000 x 3 year deals = 21,000

Even if the other 7,000 were all one year deals that still equals 28,000 season ticket sales.

However, don't forget a sizeable proportion will be kids, OAP's etc so £500 average is totally overcooking it.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

That's a pretty good effort.

But doesn't suit the agenda of the people who want to see failure.

They are the experts of course

Doesn't suit me as I felt we could and should have achieved significantly higher sales by the first deadline.

If those targets had been reached, then those sales figures could have been used to build momentum and sell even more in the coming months.

I would have been delighted with having higher attendances and better atmospheres whilst increasing revenues, and doing it without any financial risk to the club.

Given the combination of:

1. Best football and chance of success for 15 years

2. Precedent the club set last year with the huge increases in subsequent phases of prices

It seems logical nearly all existing ST holders would want to renew, and would want to do it in the first phase to avoid being stung.

The fact thousands haven't is, in my opinion, a failure.

I didn't want to see it.

I don't think it's too late to do something about it, build on the positives, and rectify the negatives, and will be delighted if that's what happens.

Currently I'm very concerned the club will significantly raise the prices (as they did last time and have warned this time), we won't see huge further uptake, and we'll end up with a similar number of ST's.

They could totally smash this from here.  But they won't.

Step One - on 22nd February Announce that due to fan feedback they are putting season tickets back on sale at Early Bird Prices for just one week to coincide with people getting paid at the end of Feb.

Step Two - At the End of March announce Phase Two Prices are available April 1st to April 30th.  Make Phase Two Prices just 5% more than Phase One. 

If they do the above they will sell 18,000 - 20,000 season tickets in my view.  If that really is his aim with averages of well in excess of 25,000, then this has to be the way to go.

All of this phase 1 / phase 2 stuff is just rubbish.

If they wanted to really smash it, then what they should say is s/t are on sale again at the same prices and will be pegged at that price until the start of next season.

Holding the fans to ransom - i.e. if you want these prices, give us your money now isn't really the right way to treat your customers.

They could totally smash this from here. But they won't.

Step Two - At the End of March announce Phase Two Prices are available April 1st to April 30th. Make Phase Two Prices just 5% more than Phase One.

If they do the above they will sell 18,000 - 20,000 season tickets in my view. If that really is his aim with averages of well in excess of 25,000, then this has to be the way to go.

This 100%

Doesn't suit me as I felt we could and should have achieved significantly higher sales by the first deadline.

If those targets had been reached, then those sales figures could have been used to build momentum and sell even more in the coming months.

I would have been delighted with having higher attendances and better atmospheres whilst increasing revenues, and doing it without any financial risk to the club.

Given the combination of:

1. Best football and chance of success for 15 years

2. Precedent the club set last year with the huge increases in subsequent phases of prices

It seems logical nearly all existing ST holders would want to renew, and would want to do it in the first phase to avoid being stung.

The fact thousands haven't is, in my opinion, a failure.

I didn't want to see it.

I don't think it's too late to do something about it, build on the positives, and rectify the negatives, and will be delighted if that's what happens.

Currently I'm very concerned the club will significantly raise the prices (as they did last time and have warned this time), we won't see huge further uptake, and we'll end up with a similar number of ST's.

So it hasn't occurred to you that the thousands who haven't renewed YET have not had enough money because of Christmas commitments but intend on buying one when the window next opens because they'll have money by then? You seriously expected everyone to renew straight away?! Wow.

The fact that we've attracted thousands of new ST holders is an achievement itself. Selling 14,000 in 6 weeks of which 8000 were 3 year deals is also a massive achievement.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

All of this phase 1 / phase 2 stuff is just rubbish.

If they wanted to really smash it, then what they should say is s/t are on sale again at the same prices and will be pegged at that price until the start of next season.

Holding the fans to ransom - i.e. if you want these prices, give us your money now isn't really the right way to treat your customers.

In an ideal World I agree with you.  The problem is that from a cash flow point of view, like any business, Wednesday want the money sooner rather than later.  This strategy would see the vast amount of fans wait until the end of July before they bought their season ticket.

14000 Season tickets in 5 weeks.

Not bad going that, good prices, good football.

People disappointed we didn't sell 17000, if we had then same people disappointed we haven't sold 20000.

Still phase 1,2,3 to come too.

Like others have said, if we are near top 2-6 in few months then season tickets purchase will rocket.

Don't see what the problem is.