Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

Guest wilyfox

Yeah we make him sign for 30k a week or we threaten pay Rhodes 40k a week

lol

The figures don't need to match. At the end of the day, if we can't conclude a deal for Hooper we'll be forced to shop elsewhere - whether that means forking out the same or more on someone else. Depends on who's out there and what Chansiri wants to pay. Doesn't make Hooper for a silly fee when he's running out of contract any better a deal. Contract length affects value, that's just how it is.

The figures don't need to match. At the end of the day, if we can't conclude a deal for Hooper we'll be forced to shop elsewhere - whether that means forking out the same or more on someone else. Depends on who's out there and what Chansiri wants to pay. Doesn't make Hooper for a silly fee when he's running out of contract any better a deal. Contract length affects value, that's just how it is.

Think you've missed the point that I was saying. It won't be a ploy to Hooper to show interest in a player who would cost even more in wages to get him to lower his demands.

Afobe is a far better player than Rhodes. Rhodes is struggling to score goals in an improved championship, even with the likes of Bennett, Conway and Marshall supplying the bullets So overrated

I don't agree with that Guru.

Rhodes has scored 150 club goals at 25 compared to Afobes 40 ish at 22. 

As a goal scorer Rhodes is the better proven option for me. Great time to get him during this baron spell.  

Guest wilyfox

Yep, can see that. Eh up Canary boy, any more than 3 million for Hooper and we will pull out and spend 12 million. Ok Mr Owl he's yours for 6 million. OK done.

Exactly. If your going to use another striker as a ploy don't use one that would cost 4x as much as the one your trying to get lol

Think you've missed the point that I was saying. It won't be a ploy to Hooper to show interest in a player who would cost even more in wages to get him to lower his demands.

You said the same thing about the fee in the posts above. Whether it's fee or wage, they don't have to be in the same bracket. Different players, different contractual circumstances, different valuations. The leverage does not have to be an alternative for the same fee on the same wage. It's about getting a good deal for whichever player we opt for.

If Hooper knows we are also looking at Rhodes as an alternative Hooper might be more inclined to meet our offer in case we do switch attention to rhodes.

Its just like letting a seller know you have another item your looking at buying elsewhere

You said the same thing about the fee in the posts above. Whether it's fee or wage, they don't have to be in the same bracket. Different players, different contractual circumstances, different valuations. The leverage does not have to be an alternative for the same fee on the same wage. It's about getting a good deal for whichever player we opt for.

I get that but what I'm saying and read closely, is that it won't be a ploy by the club aimed at Gary Hooper to get him to lower his demands by telling him that we will go and pay more in wages for Rhodes.

If you don't understand what I mean forget it lol

:duntmatter: