Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

Are they, or are Sky making it up?

Most likely, I don't know how well informed their sources are but they do seem to usually have some element of truth in their reports. Although it is funny that in this case having potentially 'some' element of truth is praise worthy it says a lot about the absolute crap that is spread during the transfer window.

Despite Blackburn quoting a price of £12m for Rhodes, I very much doubt that's what they expect to get for him, or even would accept. 

Suspect any deal for Rhodes would be much more conservative eg. £6m initial, plus add-ons based on goals scored, appearances and eventual promotion.

If he ended up costing us the full £12m it'd only be because he'd done the job we'd have bought him for, and compared to the riches that would bring, the fee would seem small fry.. 

I would love to see Jordan Rhodes at Hillsborough though I very much doubt the 12m fee is correct and will more likely be X amount up front with X amount to pay when he reaches a certain amount of appearances/goals and X amount if we achieve promotion.

Having said all that CC has said Hooper is his first choice and he likes to keep continuity in the squad by signing the loan players who impress to keep within the group.

Fernando: 11 Goals, 5 assists in 21 Appearances, works his ass off, technically talented etc and isn't even an out and out Striker: 3 Million

Rhodes: 9 Goals, 26 Apps? 2 Goals in the last 16 games. No idea how many assists or his work ethic, out and out striker:12 Million

Rhodes at current form is damn right not worth it. You could get Hooper, Judge and another good singing for 12 Million.