Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

Rhodes is stagnating at Blackburn, they're going nowhere and he needs to move for the sake of his career, either to a lower Prem side or a club chasing promotion.

£12m is way overpriced though, they wanted that for him in the summer but he's not been the same player this season - only scored twice since the first weekend in October. Not sure if it's their style of play that's changed since they got Lambert or they're just out of form but Blackburn have only scored two goals in their last seven matches. They need to cash in, and also get him off their wage bill, but they'll need to lower their asking price or they're stuck with him and the longer he stays there the more it's costing them and the less they'll eventually get.

He's not worth £12m

Forestieri has scored more and played out wide a lot, Blackburn can't expect Rhodes to keep his value no matter what form the player is in, the fact is he isn't scoring as much as he was, he's not worth £12m

If he's worth £12m then Forestieri is worth £15m

Crazy market.

He's not worth £12m

Forestieri has scored more and played out wide a lot, Blackburn can't expect Rhodes to keep his value no matter what form the player is in, the fact is he isn't scoring as much as he was, he's not worth £12m

If he's worth £12m then Forestieri is worth £15m

Crazy market.

I don't think it's the form the players in as opposed to Blackburn are poo and playing poo football, his record is second to none and he would bag up in this team, him and Hooper would be lethal. Edited by Blue and white

I suspect any bid for Rhodes, given our current league position, is likely to have a large chuck of a promotion bonus thrown in.....something like £6m plus another £6m if we go up this season or another £3m if we go up next.....which would be a bargin for us if we had to pay it

that might be good for us, but...

brighton, and a few more could well offer the same...

Edited by dnhc

I don't think it's the form the players in as opposed to Blackburn are poo and playing poo football, his record is second to none and he would bag up in this team, him and Hooper would be lethal.

That may be the case, but he's not worth £12m in my eyes.

Carlos says Hooper is his number on target - and has been since last summer. Hooper is available, he wants to come here, he fits in and has proven himself here, and the quoted prices represents decent value for a Championship goalscorer.

As such (sound like Stuart Gray!) I can't see us then deciding the spend 3/4 times the money on someone who isn't Carlos' first choice, who is out of form, has question marks against fitting into our 'team dynamic', and is over-priced.