Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

Guest King_SWFC

Until you see the thread that says we are under a transfer embargo

Those embargo's totally ruin teams. Forest and Blackburn just spending a year trying to avoid relegation.

FFP gives us three years to sort the books out, I wouldn't worry about a transfer embargo anytime soon.

Don't see how us bidding 12 million for Rhodes will push Norwich to get rid of hooper. If anything won't they see us offering that money to Blackburn and think 'those lot have money to burn, we'll hold out for that much if that's what they're offering for another player'

No?

Probably because we want both of them I'd imagine. 

Guest wilyfox

Are you ok? lol

Dammit man, don't reply with a question. Reply with a reply applicable to all replies. The button is that way --------------->

Guest wilyfox

Be interesting to see if they're both playing in the Premier League at the end of this window, I know one will be

Rhodes would have been playing in the prem since the summer of 2014, had his club not denied him a move to Hull.

Rhodes would have been playing in the prem since the summer of 2014, had his club not denied him a move to Hull.

Well if he's better than Afobe, let's see which Premier League club snaps him up now Blackburn may be prepared to part. Afobe had the pick of three top flight clubs, Palace, Norwich and Bournemouth

Guest wilyfox

let's see which Premier League club snaps him up now Blackburn may be prepared to part.

That's just it, there's nothing to suggest Blackburn are willing to part. They've stood in his way for a while now. That said, Rhodes shot himself in the foot by signing a contract extension. I can see us landing Hooper, and Boro signing either Bamford or Rhodes depending on which they can get. Rhodes is clearly fed up at Blackburn. Depends whether they relent.

Don't see how us bidding 12 million for Rhodes will push Norwich to get rid of hooper. If anything won't they see us offering that money to Blackburn and think 'those lot have money to burn, we'll hold out for that much if that's what they're offering for another player'

No?

No.

Hooper will either leave for free in the summer, or they will get some money for him now.

Rhodes has 3 years left of his contract.

Maybe we're in for them both.

Maybe we're not in for Rhodes at all.

Either way, it strengthens our negotiation position with Norwich.

Afobe is a far better player than Rhodes. Rhodes is struggling to score goals in an improved championship, even with the likes of Bennett, Conway and Marshall supplying the bullets So overrated

Be interesting to see if they're both playing in the Premier League at the end of this window, I know one will be

1. Afobe scored 3 goals in his last 14 games for Wolves - suggests he was also struggling if goals over the past few matches is your basis for 'struggling'.

2. Bournemouth will be in the Premier League at the end of the window but will they be in the Premier League at the end of the season? If Jordan comes to S6 then he may well be in the Premier League next season.

How you can be so certain that Afobe is a better player than Rhodes baffles me. 

Guest King_SWFC

Sky have stated we have made an offer for Rhodes at least three times this past hour.

Got to some substance in this.

Edited by King_SWFC

Nuhui will be a valuable player to Championship clubs once we go up. Longer deal = higher fee.

On Rhodes - I just can't see us (or anyone in the division) paying £12m for him. Whoever does will be the laughing stock of the league!