Fans don't deserve this

Just trying to post stupid solutions like most of the posters in this thread mate that's all. Although seriously think about the planet and look at going hybrid rather than pumping out diesel also move closer to Sheffield as you will never be a true fan living so far away

what the fo.ook you on about ???

That rules me out then. I must be a dishonest fan....now I've moved far away.

There's probably some worthy debate in this thread if you take out the comments from people who obviously won't go anyway and the couple of obvious trolls.

The thing that strikes me is that for a single person to attend, you are probably able to get yourself a seat somewhere at most games for a decent price ( if your attendance is price sensitive). Where things seem awry to me is the cost of taking kids to games - as a family pursuit it is cost prohibitive for a vast majority of families I would say. This has long been the case imo not just recently - so the main ticket opportunity I think is all about kids prices - change the disappointment of "no way can we do that with our kids to what a great, affordable idea to do that today".

Good post and pardon the pun but kids really are our future.

The adult pricing is wrong but Our kids pricing is beyond diabolical

Well it's your own faults. If you were not born on the centre circle and your not living within 0.5 miles of the ground and holding a season ticket from phase 1 then you are just not a true fan.

Touché; but I did attend most games from the mid 60's to early 80's but could never afford a ST, even in those days.

Good post and pardon the pun but kids really are our future.

The adult pricing is wrong but Our kids pricing is beyond diabolical

I wonder whether a family voucher system might work. Maybe give St holders a family friends voucher for 2 adults & 2 kids to attend a match if they register on database then that family can be offered further incentives.

75 pages all aimed at current fans who are attending...just a thought...try getting in touch with the club and telling them of your concerns...come on here afterwards and let us know what they said

This was a thread started by truefans intimating that the rest of us should think ourselves lucky to have the opportunity to mash our lips on Chansiri's left boot.

Because you have to be willing to sacrifice your firstborn to SWFC in order to 'deserve' to be sixth in the fecking Championship these days.

And again with the 'write to the club' bullshit.  Yes, shut up and write to the club so we can all pretend everything is rosy and DC will save having to buy his own toilet paper... 

I don't give a monkeys if anyone reads this or not but my first match was when my dad took me

to see the Owls v Spurs ( First League and Cup Double winning side of 60/61) ... the date was was on 12th Nov 1960,

I suppose I've been a mad owls fan ever since.

The attendance that day was 12 short of 54000.

OK OK we know a few things have changed with regard to grounds since theTaylor report

of 1989 but since then ......

Hillsborough hasn't changed much

1. Still difficult to get to and park

2. Austerity catering and toileting

3. Areas of non cantilevered roofs on stands and therefore restricted views. 

The home of the first massive cantilevered stand in the UK and we have these pillars 

behind the goals at each end.

4.Foul mouthed chants around the ground

eg This City is ..... etc

If you don't .... bounce etc

Come on ..... are you really sure you want your 9 yr old as I was in 1960 to listen to that?

5. Poor web site

We used to have a ground and a crowd we could be proud of.

The roar after a goal at Hillsborough could be heard in Heeley ... long after

we moved from Olive Grove.

What have we got now and what are we competing against, which we didn't have,

back then.

Sheffield Steelers

Sky showing football

BT showing football

... armchair Wednesdayites.

Do you know, just one of the above factors are enough to keep gates down.

I have looked at gates over the years and although not really made a quantitative study,

I believe we have a core following of around 17000, and this is where it's going to hurt 

..... not much different to SUFC.

We are not massive.

Everyone love a day out in Cardiff.

The only models outside the Premier where big gates have been shown to be possible

are at Derby and Brighton.

We need to ask what are they doing differently.

It really is a shame because some of the football being played now is the kind of football

players like Waddle and De Canio would have loved to have been involved with.

Crikey Moses ... I don't know .... but wouldn't it be great to have the place full

every game.

SWFC have never been able to handle big games in recent times...

possibly due to the Hillsborough disaster.

The empty terraces on LL are a constant reminder ... pull the

whole bloody lot down there and start again.

But eh ... wasn't the Wycombe game crowd fantastic till we blew it by invading the pitch .... hey ho.

Answers on a post card.

We often used to say our "brilliant" support disn't deserve some of the knocks we've taken over the last 15 years.

Now it's reversed. The fans don't deserve this team, this manager and this chairman.

20,000 at £20 and very poor atmosphere.

We offered more as fans when we were poor.

What don't we like? What's not connecting for the fans? Cheap tickets tonight, £25 offer on Saturday.

We need to do more.

I blame Lewis Price.

I don't give a monkeys if anyone reads this or not but my first match was when my dad took me

to see the Owls v Spurs ( First League and Cup Double winning side of 60/61) ... the date was was on 12th Nov 1960,

I suppose I've been a mad owls fan ever since.

The attendance that day was 12 short of 54000.

OK OK we know a few things have changed with regard to grounds since theTaylor report

of 1989 but since then ......

Hillsborough hasn't changed much

1. Still difficult to get to and park

2. Austerity catering and toileting

3. Areas of non cantilevered roofs on stands and therefore restricted views. 

The home of the first massive cantilevered stand in the UK and we have these pillars 

behind the goals at each end.

4.Foul mouthed chants around the ground

eg This City is ..... etc

If you don't .... bounce etc

Come on ..... are you really sure you want your 9 yr old as I was in 1960 to listen to that?

5. Poor web site

We used to have a ground and a crowd we could be proud of.

The roar after a goal at Hillsborough could be heard in Heeley ... long after

we moved from Olive Grove.

What have we got now and what are we competing against, which we didn't have,

back then.

Sheffield Steelers

Sky showing football

BT showing football

... armchair Wednesdayites.

Do you know, just one of the above factors are enough to keep gates down.

I have looked at gates over the years and although not really made a quantitative study,

I believe we have a core following of around 17000, and this is where it's going to hurt 

..... not much different to SUFC.

We are not massive.

Everyone love a day out in Cardiff.

The only models outside the Premier where big gates have been shown to be possible

are at Derby and Brighton.

We need to ask what are they doing differently.

It really is a shame because some of the football being played now is the kind of football

players like Waddle and De Canio would have loved to have been involved with.

Crikey Moses ... I don't know .... but wouldn't it be great to have the place full

every game.

SWFC have never been able to handle big games in recent times...

possibly due to the Hillsborough disaster.

The empty terraces on LL are a constant reminder ... pull the

whole bloody lot down there and start again.

But eh ... wasn't the Wycombe game crowd fantastic till we blew it by invading the pitch .... hey ho.

Answers on a post card.

Here's my postcard although It's not really an answer,

Great summary; the only other point that I would like to add is the introduction of seats throughout the ground in the early nineties. The cost of the alterations plus the apparent luxury of a seat pushed the costs up significantly; I seem to recall this, together with the successes of the nineties premier league side, kept these high and have been so since. Other clubs that were forced to do the same seem to have managed this much better.  

I see taking a dump in the Kop as one of the great mental and physical tests, a real show of manhood. 

Do you have it in you to take a dump in a toilet that wouldn't look out of a place in a gulag?

Takes a real man to squeeze one out in that situation. 

Had a poo before the Leeds game on the Kop, everything went better than expected.  Similar story for the Fulham game on the North.

Having said that, I've poo'd in Corporation on a Saturday night in the past, I may have different standards for what I find acceptable...

Here's my postcard although It's not really an answer,

Great summary; the only other point that I would like to add is the introduction of seats throughout the ground in the early nineties. The cost of the alterations plus the apparent luxury of a seat pushed the costs up significantly; I seem to recall this, together with the successes of the nineties premier league side, kept these high and have been so since. Other clubs that were forced to do the same seem to have managed this much better.  

That's true.

It was ridiculously cheap to stand on the Kop, about £5 at the time if I remember rightly.

Yeah but you go see Rooney and schweinsteiger don't you for the money, I can't name a Brentford player.

Many will gawp at what I just said but it's a flipping point, I mean stop going on about how we turn out for prem teams if you don't wanna hear the reality.

Don't get me wrong I do support Wednesday and I'll change my feelings and perception but right now this is how I feel.

I tell you what would pull fans back in, the pigs on a par with us playing for a PO spot too, we need to remember why we support and not consume tickets.

Look there not the same Quality but have you not posted in the Alan Judge thread?

on the kop fair would be

20 for season tickets

25 for tickets bought 24 hours before a game

30 for POTG

Simple and transparent 

Id go with something like that £30 to get in is affordable for the majority but you cant expect best seats for that price like some do.

Id go with something like that £30 to get in is affordable for the majority but you cant expect best seats for that price like some do.

its about getting people to commit. Amazes me this season that potg is the same as advance bookings.

You need to get people tied down to attend, the UK weather etc can suddenly see people not being bothered come match day etc

I've poo'd in Corporation on a Saturday night in the past

Holy crap you HAVE to have been absolutely wasted and desperate, it's no wonder you didn't catch anything from those toilets. I go to Corp every Friday and they've got to be some of the worst toilets I have ever been in lol lol