Fans don't deserve this

DC has put MILLIONS into the club, yet 20quid is too much for you to put back into the club on the off occasion? Why don't you go support our porcine neighbours at the Sty in S2, heard they've got some cheap tickets and are enjoying the third divison.

So what kind of a return will I see on my investment when we get into the Premiership?

I don't get what your point is, they are too pricey, but you don't get why people don't go, you need to summarise your points in the opening sentence or you're pints are too diffuse.

Currently most matches are too expensive, everyone knows this, but when the club do make cheaper alternatives (under 25 quid) people still aren't turning up.

So what kind of a return will I see on my investment when we get into the Premiership?

lol

It's like talking to a dog wearing clothes isn't it.

Currently most matches are too expensive, everyone knows this, but when the club do make cheaper alternatives (under 25 quid) people still aren't turning up.

Reyt

And many more appalling ones. I'm a ST holder who wants to see the ground full and doesn't mind cheap POTG prices. Crazy phase 3 ST pricing means there's a massive gap between prices most ST holders paid per game and POTG prices. That's the club's fault.

Why were they crazy and what was the take up?

Why were they crazy and what was the take up?

There had already been some chelping about early bird tickets prices rises. The Phase 3 North Stand was £690 - over £200 above early bird. We had over 13000 ST holders after Phase 2 - I can't think we sold huge numbers. I think that's a crazy price. You may applaud.

Just looked it up.

12000 take up at early bird.  The

13000 after phase 2 which was 500 kop adult which was advertised at 21.74 per game.  At this stage they advertised their 25 quid for an adult and kid on the kop every game.

Phase 3 price for above was 590 which 25.65 per adult per game and guaranteed every home game cheaper than POTG category F which is 27 quid.

I've stuck to the cheapest prices to watch Wednesday at home i.e. on The Kop and left out early bird as it's irrelevant to the discussion in some ways.

Phase 3 price per game the year before, 2014/15 was 18.83 and the 3 matchday prices, categories A, B and C, were 10, 25 and 28.

The "marker price" from the club that carries from 2014/15 to 2015/16 is 25 quid raising to 27 quid.

That's as simple as it gets unless people want to unfairly use the very cheapest prices and the most expensive prices to misinform the debate.

Edited by sonofbert2

Phase 3 price on your figures up from £18 a game to over £25 per game. That's a weighty percentage rise - over 36%. Who puts prices up by that much? Even British Gas would baulk at that.

Figure per game higher than the previous season's charge for a standard game on POTG. £25 should be POTG price imho not season ticket price.

Wouldn't have thought we sold more than a handful of phase 3 tickets.

If the club was that bothered about reducing POTG prices they could always have given that handful some of their money back...

They can't.  Not on a wholesale basis.

As long as by the end of the season the average home game price comes in somewhere in the low 30's then the average cash differential between ST and POTG will be not that much different.

I've left out all other factors, the most important being the least predictable, the biggest difference and the most important which is this year's product.

This is also their first attempt at this. 

Phase 3 price on your figures up from £18 a game to over £25 per game. That's a weighty percentage rise - over 36%. Who puts prices up by that much? Even British Gas would baulk at that.

Figure per game higher than the previous season's charge for a standard game on POTG. £25 should be POTG price imho not season ticket price.

It's 21.74 and set against 27 quid.

2014/15 was 18.83 set against 25 quid.

Edited by sonofbert2

I don't get this constant argument about fans finding it if we were playing Arsenal or Man Utd.

It's like Butlins putting the price up to £1,000 per person per week - people stop going. Then the MD at Butlins comes out and says "I bet you'd find £1,000 per week for Florida, wouldn't you, ya b4st4rds!".

Utterly ridiculous.

I've dumped in the Kop toilets.

Needs must, when you gotta go 'Renton' style you'd do it in the centre circle if you have to.

However, much like the food excuse - as a grown man do you really whittle about having to go to the toilet over what is, at most, a two hour period?

Unless you are elderly or have a medical condition, which would dictate that you would question whether you should be going in the first place.

Tas is just trolling, because he is flitting between reasons, excuses, arguements just because it is amusing him.

With one of the next 2 home matches being a night match, there should be a two game match ticket offer.

Around £45 on the Kop.

Around £55 on the North.

Deadline for ST's need to be pushed back a month. Get the people in to see what they might have been missing and they might be tempted into getting a ST for next season. A short term loss for a potential long term gain.