Fans don't deserve this

It's not even a debate.

We have more categories than anyone else in football.

We have the most expensive tickets except half the PL teams, it's enjoyable watching people defend it.

Who is 'defending' the prices?

I think they are too high, I have also said I believe the club will work harder to achieve a parity or at the very least simplify the issue regarding categories.

I don't think they will somehow 'revert' to POTG being 'cheap' when the business plan drawn up looks increasingly about revenue generated by season ticket sales.

So moan, boycott all you like - there is no climb down coming. But whatever happens, they'll be people moaning about it...just because, like yourself, they just want something to moan about.

Our steering group members defended it.

They were all like 'I do believe the prices are too high but I trust chansiri' then after the Bolton game it's was all tough sh()t and keep the prices high.

Or other posters saying we don't deserve a sniff of success at S6 because the atmosphere was bad......

Don't see why I should pipe down, you lot started it with the above comments.

Not claiming to be a super fan or owt but it costs me the so called magic figure of £43 in diesel to attend home games and I've got a ST on the north. So stop whining on about 43 f*****g quid. UTO

If I was to go down the same route as some posters on here I would now be saying its your fault for buying a car. Or it's your fault for having a car so poo poo on fuel efficiency. If you want to get to the match you can do it if you really want too. Walk down the motorway then you will not need the £43 diesel and anyhow stop polluting the atmosphere

I don't get this constant argument about fans finding it if we were playing Arsenal or Man Utd.

It's like Butlins putting the price up to £1,000 per person per week - people stop going. Then the MD at Butlins comes out and says "I bet you'd find £1,000 per week for Florida, wouldn't you, ya b4st4rds!".

Utterly ridiculous.

Because most neautrals don't pay to come to watch the Wednesday

Our steering group members defended it.

They were all like 'I do believe the prices are too high but I trust chansiri' then after the Bolton game it's was all tough sh()t and keep the prices high.

Or other posters saying we don't deserve a sniff of success at S6 because the atmosphere was bad......

Don't see why I should pipe down, you lot started it with the above comments.

Sheffield Wednesday tickets are not a commodity. It's not like flour, copper or water.

It means different things to different people, so the value of the tickets varies depending on the faith people have in the club.

There is no amount that will be right for everyone. But with season ticket holders paying an average of £20 over three years and probably £25 for those buying season tickets annually the high prices on the gate may fall. But we're talking about by a couple of pounds at most.

The club are incentivising, not punishing.

Who is 'defending' the prices?

I think they are too high, I have also said I believe the club will work harder to achieve a parity or at the very least simplify the issue regarding categories.

I don't think they will somehow 'revert' to POTG being 'cheap' when the business plan drawn up looks increasingly about revenue generated by season ticket sales.

So moan, boycott all you like - there is no climb down coming. But whatever happens, they'll be people moaning about it...just because, like yourself, they just want something to moan about.

Or they might carry on moaning about it because it's wrong. It's all very British isn't it. Ahh well it's tough it's happening either accept it or tough. Well no you don't have to accept it and it doesn't mean you can't carry on making it clear that it isn't right even if it doesn't change.

You are right though most of our fans will suck it up because circumstances suit them. I have said many a time on here and in numerous threads football due to silly transfer fees, wages and sky deals being heavily weighted in favour of bigger clubs and also rising ticket prices will kill the game. Maybe not for the elite clubs but certainly for clubs like us. It won't happen yet but it will get to a tipping point and then it will be too late.

I just don't want to wait until everyone in the ground can no longer afford it or justify it.

Sheffield Wednesday tickets are not a commodity. It's not like flour, copper or water.

It means different things to different people, so the value of the tickets varies depending on the faith people have in the club.

There is no amount that will be right for everyone. But with season ticket holders paying an average of £20 over three years and probably £25 for those buying season tickets annually the high prices on the gate may fall. But we're talking about by a couple of pounds at most.

The club are incentivising, not punishing.

And here is the biggest problem. You actually think that buying a three year season ticket at £20 per match I good? For a three year commitment I'm shaking my head.

Our entire pricing structure from long term season tickets to potd is so far wrong it is frightening.

If gates are the same as last season then it's not working.

To have become serious promotion contenders and not improved attendance is a tragedy.

Might be old age but I'm convinced that our home attendances (not including away fans) hasn't changed that much since I started going in the late 80s. Difference in overall attendances was because of the higher away followings

So moan, boycott all you like - there is no climb down coming.

Fine.

No 'climb down' = crap crowds.

Either the club are interested in finding out why and addressing it, or they will have to make do with just the ST holders and the handful of POTG fans who are hopelessly addicted enough to just swallow whatever the club gives them.

To the layman on the street, paying £1,200 for a season ticket sounds insane.

To a football fan it's a brilliant deal.

Thats football.

Not aimed at anyone specifically just fans in general and not just ours. People like chansiri saw a huge opportunity with us because of our loyalty. Most hardcore fans follow blindly but most football fans are so easy to manipulate. It is t a good deal it is far from a good deal and the more phases that go by the worse it gets but yet it looks superb because if not you have to pay £36 plus per game so I'm saving loads.

It's like a sales and marketing persons wet dream selling to footy fans. Just make it look like you have a good deal even when it isn't clearly and they walk off with a smile.

Fine.

No 'climb down' = crap crowds.

Either the club are interested in finding out why and addressing it, or they will have to make do with just the ST holders and the handful of POTG fans who are hopelessly addicted enough to just swallow whatever the club gives them.

Despite his recent affection for the club let's not kid ourselves that CC is some kind of 'man-on-the-street'. He is a businessman with no real 'obligations' to football or the club in the broad sense. Basically, he can do what he wants.

That said, when he sits down and sees attendances for home games averaging the same no matter what the price what do you think he will do?

Standard POTG - 21,000

Special offer - 21,000

No reason to drop prices.

Thats not defending it, or insinuating he would intentionally want to 'fleece' fans.

But the businessman in him will know what looks better on the bottom line.

There comes a point when squeezing what basically amounts to a bunch of addicts in order to fund the increasingly ridiculous salaries of a small group of idiot playboy millionaires starts to seem a little bit.. well.. unethical.

When you reach that point for enough people, theoretically the whole system comes crashing down.

Sadly they have already prepared for this eventuality by finding a whole new set of hosts in Asia and the Middle East to parasitically feed on so it doesn't look like it will be any time soon.

Oh dont get me wrong Arthur. Your bang right !! He already knew what would happen he is a very clever business man he will have already known this was more than likely going to happen.

And again your right I said it in a earlier post and was pulled on it he is here to make money and probably as quick as possible. That's football nowadays fair play.

However eventually the over charging will drive enough fans away that it will effect the club longer term. Will people still buy

3 year tickets if we are playin badly week in week out? Will they pay a fortune for season tickets in other phases or stupid potd prices of we are playing like poo poo?

No they won't. Now I think short term apart from pricing he is doing a good job of shaping the future. If he gets this part wrong though imo he and us might win short term but once he's gone and we have lost potentially a big percentage of the next generation of fans through out pricing and not having the family bonds and ties with us anymore.

Even though I'm unhappy with adult pricing for me the most outrageous pricing at the club is for children.

Edited by kidc77

There comes a point when squeezing what basically amounts to a bunch of addicts in order to fund the increasingly ridiculous salaries of a small group of idiot playboy millionaires starts to seem a little bit.. well.. unethical.

When you reach that point for enough people, theoretically the whole system comes crashing down.

Sadly they have already prepared for this eventuality by finding a whole new set of hosts in Asia and the Middle East to parasitically feed on so it doesn't look like it will be any time soon.

Your far too sensible to post in this thread.

I'm waiting for the point in a couple of years time when they release the phase 1 season tickets at £2000 on the kop lol. I can just imagine it.

Sales and marketing team - " but Mr C you can't charge that the fans are loyal but we are in Yorkshire not Dubai "

Mr C - " ofc they will tell them potd will be £200 per game. And if they buy for 3 years they will receive some magic beans, they will buy oanything at any price this lot as long as wawaw "

Sales and marketing - "superb work Mr C , we have just sold 13,000!!! You were right they are all planting their magic beans as we speak"

Our fan on owlstalk - " yes just saved a fortune got a season ticket for 3 years for £6 grand " play offs here we come"

Just for clarification I'm taking the wee wee and exaggerating...... As if he would give away his magic beans

Edited by kidc77

I try to not moan too much about the finances of football.

I despise hypcrites so I know I am noyt part of the solution when I am, in fact, part of the problem.

I buy season tickets and subsribe to Sky.

Going into THAT debate means simply not going to Hilllsborough full-stop.

I'm aware of the disgusting nature of the sport.