Fans don't deserve this

I try to not moan too much about the finances of football.

I despise hypcrites so I know I am noyt part of the solution when I am, in fact, part of the problem.

I buy season tickets and subsribe to Sky.

Going into THAT debate means simply not going to Hilllsborough full-stop.

I'm aware of the disgusting nature of the sport.

It's actually a major factor - being crap and skint for pretty much the last 16 years means Wednesday fans haven't had to face up to it.

Now all of a sudden we are pretty much the poster boys.

(Apart from Leeds obviously).

I try to not moan too much about the finances of football.

I despise hypcrites so I know I am noyt part of the solution when I am, in fact, part of the problem.

I buy season tickets and subsribe to Sky.

Going into THAT debate means simply not going to Hilllsborough full-stop.

I'm aware of the disgusting nature of the sport.

I understand where you are coming from and tbh I cancelled sky because I think they are killing the game long term for anyone barring the top 4 and European elite.

and I know we are not the only club getting turned over on pricing hell people were laughing when bares took over at Leeds regarding how ridiculous it was and quaffed at him coming here and raising prices too.

It just hurts me to see my club are probably the worst prices club in the footba league in terms of where we are right now. It hurts even more when I have to justify paying £120 plus just for tickets to get my kids there. No matter how hard I try I cannot justify it.

If I was to go down the same route as some posters on here I would now be saying its your fault for buying a car. Or it's your fault for having a car so poo poo on fuel efficiency. If you want to get to the match you can do it if you really want too. Walk down the motorway then you will not need the £43 diesel and anyhow stop polluting the atmosphere

WTF lol

WTF lol

Just trying to post stupid solutions like most of the posters in this thread mate that's all. Although seriously think about the planet and look at going hybrid rather than pumping out diesel 😀 also move closer to Sheffield as you will never be a true fan living so far away 😉

Just trying to post stupid solutions like most of the posters in this thread mate that's all. Although seriously think about the planet and look at going hybrid rather than pumping out diesel also move closer to Sheffield as you will never be a true fan living so far away

Sheffield born and bred me old, cant afford a hybrid I'm spending too much on mine and lads season tickets lol

Guest King_SWFC

75 pages all aimed at current fans who are attending...just a thought...try getting in touch with the club and telling them of your concerns...come on here afterwards and let us know what they said

Once again... It's our job to make an effort to improve things we are paying for. The club aren't receptive, nothing will change. They believe they're right and thousands of fans are being discouraged to go to Hillsborough.

Once again... It's our job to make an effort to improve things we are paying for. The club aren't receptive, nothing will change. They believe they're right and thousands of fans are being discouraged to go to Hillsborough.

Let's be right thousands have been discouraged for years when price was not the issue. They have screamed that someone should buy and invest in the club and when someone finally does its still not good enough because it's not cheap as chips to get in anymore.

Woah!

Just been having a butchers as decided to take a game in.

Burnley is 33 quid on the kop, 37 on the north, for a Tuesday night game.

I honestly think Cat E is my limit for anything but a big game.

Woah!

Just been having a butchers as decided to take a game in.

Burnley is 33 quid on the kop, 37 on the north, for a Tuesday night game.

I honestly think Cat E is my limit for anything but a big game.

It's all setting up for the perfect (poo ) storm.

We'll draw at Shrewsbury and do 10 for adults, 5 for kids for the replay to shut up the politicians, whingers and tight gits.

There will be a bumper crowd, with the atmosphere an air of both excited anticipation and self righteousness, and the part-timers will jinx us and we'll go out of the cup 2-1.

The Shrewsbury cup game will go down in OT history, the "big lad up front scores our only goal, a penalty, but also misses 3 "sitters"" element adds even more weight to the significance of the match.  It will be the most quoted game in our entire existence.

We will carry on to be promoted but nobody on OT will even notice.  We'll get the champions first home game back and the most popular thread will be something with "Bristol City and 43 quid last season" in the title. 

Guest King_SWFC

Let's be right thousands have been discouraged for years when price was not the issue. They have screamed that someone should buy and invest in the club and when someone finally does its still not good enough because it's not cheap as chips to get in anymore.

When people 'screamed' for investment, they didn't also 'scream' for a 100% price hike.

There's probably some worthy debate in this thread if you take out the comments from people who obviously won't go anyway and the couple of obvious trolls.

The thing that strikes me is that for a single person to attend, you are probably able to get yourself a seat somewhere at most games for a decent price ( if your attendance is price sensitive). Where things seem awry to me is the cost of taking kids to games - as a family pursuit it is cost prohibitive for a vast majority of families I would say. This has long been the case imo not just recently - so the main ticket opportunity I think is all about kids prices - change the disappointment of "no way can we do that with our kids to what a great, affordable idea to do that today".

75 pages all aimed at current fans who are attending...just a thought...try getting in touch with the club and telling them of your concerns...come on here afterwards and let us know what they said

Already have and with the corporate staff too.