MARK DAVIES

I did say we needed to be in for the 'cream of the crop' from the teams floundering under financial difficulties & embargo's.

Davies is Bolton's best player.

Time to go for Lansbury from Forest & McCormack from Fulham... :ph34r:

Judge from Brentford will do for me.

Edited by Beholder

'I think Sparky is a cracking player and one (in ideal world) I'd like to keep! 

He's a luxury player, who on a good day walks through teams, but he is on a whack of a wage = Needs must!

Can't help but think one of the youngsters will come in and actually improve us. then again, could also be Trotter!'

Bannan signing was treated with a lot of hostility, unease, confusion and disappointment. Carlos knows what players will fit the team and I can see Mavies fitting in lovely.

When Bannan signed I wasn't too enamoured as I thought he was much of a muchness in terms of what we had and had lost his way. How wrong could I be.

A couple of seasons ago I would have taken Davies no questions asked. To be honest I had forgotten about him as he was out for a while with a serious injury and Bolton have hardly had any media attention player-wise, just negative stuff about their finances. Seems he has returned from injury and continues to stand out for them. Should be a useful player to have rotate our midfield options and not a big outlay. 

More likely to follow, useful addition.

Sounds like a good, intelligent signing.

As exciting as it is to be linked with big money bids for Hooper and Judge etc, that won't be the only business we do this window.

Davies is clearly a good player and adds depth, quality and options, at a very good price for Championship quality. Seems like a bit of an "over the line" signing to bolster our chances, rather than a headline grabber. Those two things are equally important.

Good signing, for me.

Edited by sheffield_dave

He's played 101 games in the last 3 and a half seasons.

Kieran Lee has played 104. Ross Wallace, 86. Barry Bannan, 78. Fernando Forestieri, 99.

Except that's not true is it?

He's played 77 games

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/mark-davies/15394/

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-davies/profil/spieler/36917

(81 including cup games)

And if you want to be more narrow with your stats choice and look at the last two and a half seasons instead of the last three and a half:

Mark Davies: 53 league appearances

Kieran Lee: 83 league appearances

Ross Wallace: 51 league appearances   (Somewhat out of favour at his previous club hence released on a free)

Barry Bannan: 56 league appearances   (Somewhat out of favour at his previous club hence released on a free)

Fernando Forestieri: 71 league appearances

If your point is so powerful, why do you need to be misleading?

Edited by StudentOwl

Don't forget that Lopez is only on a season long loan from Celta Viga. I think Mcgugan will be on his way out. Maybe he will go the other way?

I wonder if the initial load of transfers were sourced by Roeder and Carlos doesn't fancy some of them.

In some ways I can see why mcgugan was signed, he was a good performer on loan last season and we as fans liked him so it was a statement of intent and for whatever reason he hasn't been fancied for the job this season.

All I care about is the team carrying The form through this year and not dropping off.

I believe this time around though. Onwards and upwards.

Except that's not true is it?

He's played 77 games

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/mark-davies/15394/

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-davies/profil/spieler/36917

(81 including cup games)

And if you want to be more narrow with your stats choice and look at the last two and a half seasons instead of the last three and a half:

Mark Davies: 53 league appearances

Kieran Lee: 83 league appearances

Ross Wallace: 51 league appearances   (Somewhat out of favour at his previous club hence released on a free)

Barry Bannan: 56 league appearances   (Somewhat out of favour at his previous club hence released on a free)

Fernando Forestieri: 71 league appearances

If your point is so powerful, why do you need to be misleading?

Still doesn't suggest he is a complete crock though does it?

How many games had Hutchinson played in his life before he signed for us?

Does anyone really care how many games he's played? All that matters is what impact he has on our team in the future.

Agree FO, but if there's one thing I won't abide by it's people lying to push their agenda.

By the way, did I mention that I'm something of a sex god? Check out the thread in the dressing room if you don't believe me  :stuwinky:

Still doesn't suggest he is a complete crock though does it?

How many games had Hutchinson played in his life before he signed for us?

That's the thing I don't get either, he actually had something of a point by using the real stats (I'm not saying he isn't partially right!), so I have no idea why he didn't just use them! 

Edited by StudentOwl

When another team is telling you they've lost pretty much their best midfielder, then that should be all we need to know.

To be standing out in a team that's not doing particularly well suggests he'll thrive with much better players around him who can afford him more time on the ball to do the things he's capable of.

Cracking signing, good money being paid, doesn't feel like anyone's having our pants down and our squad has not looked any stronger since we left the PL - well done SWFC.