MARK DAVIES

131 starts in 6 years at Bolton. Averages half a season of appearances.

3 seasons in the Prem.

Bolton got relegated.

No Prem team in for him after they got relegated.

Some facts rather than opinion.

Cracking signing

Looking forward to seeing him play

I think he'd be good signing anyway. 

I'd rather see the club spend money wisely than blow everything on one huge marquee acquisition. 

FF only cost 3 million, yet he's arguably our best player. 

I don't know enough about him to possibly comment, but I was under the impression he'd be played as "an as well as" to these players rather an "Instead of" one of these...

Do you see him replacing Lee in the starting XI then?

A fully fit on form Davies would be the first name on most team sheets in the Championship .As much as I rate Lee and Hutchinson they are not as good as a fully fit Davies

A fully fit on form Davies would be the first name on most team sheets in the Championship .As much as I rate Lee and Hutchinson they are not as good as a fully fit Davies

Fair enough, I know he's rated "quite highly" but that doesn't really allow much comparison between our players. So possible replacement for Lee then is more the mindset I should be trying to have... must be good if that's the case!

Guest wilyfox

Certainly fits the bill as a Carvalhal type of midfield target. Technical ability, grafter, prem experience, good age..

Bye bye McGugan then.

So midfield four of fessi bannan Davies and Wallace ? When all fit ?

Lee is class tbf hard to drop him

Squad game. We need to be ready to go Sat-Tues-Sat, keeping the same shape and intensity. Before the window I don't think we were. This looks like a step in the right direction to me.

Keep Hooper, one more creative wide man and I think we're about as ready as we can be.