Swansea in for Carlos

Back here too now.

I suspect Owls Talk skullduggery, mischief, and practical joking.

lol

I had Southport's avatar showing on my screen. OK now though.

lol

I can see Mr F errr bigsys face lol

Wouldn't want Pearson anyway.

CC has never made the role bigger than the club.

I admire the humility of the man.

Much like Alex Neil, Quique Flores or Karanka.

You can't help but like the bloke, but he is the managerial version of Mandaric. Says all the right things, at the right time, and knows exactly how to play a crowd. He's done a really good job, but don't lose sight of how much money we've got, and spent. I'm sure the last 10 managers we've had would have died for the budget to pay for the likes of Forestieiri, Bannan, Pudil and Westwood.

My ITK Swans mates just been round to ours down here (nr Swansea) and I accused him (them) of nicking Carlos...he said he didnt know where thats come from and Di Matteo is in final talks with the Swans today!!

Exactly ^

That's what I had said.

I'm down those parts too, in South Wales and CC wasn't even on their shortlist. It was said it was down to just two candidates this morning. Curtis is their caretaker until they get their man. Either RDM or Bielsa by the sounds, with Jose Morais sounded out too incase they don't get either of their preferred two choices. No mention of CC.

Derby have been unique in that they have sacked their recent managers in situations where other clubs would be offering new contracts.

Both Clough and McClaren unlucky not to take them up.

Surprisingly two managers who I would have absolutely no faith in whatsoever, no matter what club they were involved with.

Edited by salmonbones

Surprisingly two managers who I would have absolutely no faith in whatsoever, no matter what club they were involved with.

Clough had at least done his apprenticeship at Burton, playing his last professional game as a pro, at right-back, just a week before he took the Derby job. And didn't shame himself even after 4 years at County.

Certainly wouldn't put him in the category of managers who have sank clubs.

So whats the likely outcome here? His agent is pushing for a better contract because dc has probably got him on a short term deal .

Yes, not the smartest move though. Should have just discussed with DC

Edited by Ash76