Swansea in for Carlos

Not sure about the contract situation.

Even in the top flight, as Mourinho proves, they aren't worth anything anyway.

They're worth a pay off aren't they and the security that offers and therefore it then being worthwhile to bring the family over

Triple, you are probably right regarding the integrity of Carlos. How about BB simply stalling to see how it plays out in the coming days? You can give me that one, surely?

Well maybe BB along with all players on short term contracts stall for various reasons. But BB has said he wants a longer contract with us and whoever the manager ends up at Swansea I cannot see BB getting one there or anywhere in the PL (long term). He would have one already if that were the case.

As for managers or head coaches in general they know it is rare to manage to stay in post very long these days so have to listen to any offers which come along. Don't believe Carlos has had any offer he's aware of but his agent might be.

My take on it at the moment is that you may have decided to be disappointed in Carlos when he has done nothing to warrant it.

He clearly stated to local journalists that it was simply a rumour and didn't want to be distracted by it.

Now his agent smells a big commission and is stirring the pot. Looked to me to be shocked that his agent had any involvement as he hadn't been told anything. Why should he make a statement either way when it may be he doesn't currently have a contract with SWFC. Perhaps a long term contract is what he wants?

I'm dissapointed that when asked the question if he's committed to Sheffield Wednesday he wouldn't say he was, now if it's a rumour or not it's not hard to say 'yes I'm fully committed' instead of saying its a just a rumour, clearly an excuse to not answer the question and leaving his options open.

Well maybe BB along with all players on short term contracts stall for various reasons. But BB has said he wants a longer contract with us and whoever the manager ends up at Swansea I cannot see BB getting one there or anywhere in the PL (long term). He would have one already if that were the case.

As for managers or head coaches in general they know it is rare to manage to stay in post very long these days so have to listen to any offers which come along. Don't believe Carlos has had any offer he's aware of but his agent might be.

Yes. You make some astute points mate. Quite refreshing on here

Swansea are no bigger than us, we could be replacing them next season & Sheffield is far nicer. Why would he want to undo all he's created, home for his family, , being settled etx

Are you the only one on Owlstalk that doesn't know his family is back home in Portugal ?

Nigel Pearson would get us promoted, with this budget. Inevitable he will mange the club one day, and the timing of all this may be perfect.

Of course he would because everything in football is black and white and simple isn't it? And you had the cheek to refer to other posters on here as sky sports fans recently

I hear that last week Carlos and his staff were told that play offs won't do. Only automatic will suffice.

Plus he must have noticed how ruthless Chansiri is with sacking people who he feels are failing.

Given that background, a potential offer from a Premeriship club with the no doubt huge pay rise attached is inevitably gonna turn his head.

This is bad timing for us, I can see it causing some unrest with the players.

I hear that last week Carlos and his staff were told that play offs won't do. Only automatic will suffice.

I suspect you've been told wrong, or the person who told you this was told wrong.

We've not even spent north of £7.5 million on a squad that finished bottom half last season... we're still probably about a £5 million spend away from being automatics and Chansiri should know this.

We're not far off though, that's for certain

Of course he would because everything in football is black and white and simple isn't it? And you had the cheek to refer to other posters on here as sky sports fans recently

You could send a glass eye to sleep. Have you not got any dogs to bother?

You could send a glass eye to sleep. Have you not got any dogs to bother?

You live in fantasy land, have you forgot why Pearson left Leicester who are also Thai owned?

Plus he must have noticed how ruthless Chansiri is with sacking people who he feels are failing.

Given that background, a potential offer from a Premeriship club with the no doubt huge pay rise attached is inevitably gonna turn his head.

This is bad timing for us, I can see it causing some unrest with the players.

Chansiri stated when he took over that he wanted promotion by the end of NEXT season, so i think someone is pulling your chain .