January Transfer Window Thread

Disagree to be honest. At times with that 4 in midfield we sometimes get bullied & over run in midfield. Hutch's steel is vital in there

I get that it might appear that way, but it really doesn't happen.

Brum, Wolves then Fulham away....3 wins, 8 for, one against. Easily our best run of results, all with Wallace Lee Bannan Fernando.

Guest wilyfox

Middlesbrough and Burnley have both agreed loan deals with Tottenham Hotspur for midfielder Alex Pritchard. pic.twitter.com/LVRDvlRCbv

Hmm teams above us really are strengthening whilst we've just maintained the players we already had. Will be an interesting last 3 days of the window

True but look what it's done to derby. You can sign good player after good player but if they don't fit the team dynamic it just doesn't work.

When are the thickos in charge of Blackburn going to realise that they're not going to get £10-12million for Jordan Rhodes?

Or alternatively, when is some thicko of a Chairman going to fall for paying that amount for a striker who isn't scoring that many in the Championship at the moment?

Crazy man.

Crikey that was a coincidence.

Always surprises me how often something happens just after I open my Gob.

Do you think there's a chance we could go up automatically btw?

lol

True but look what it's done to derby. You can sign good player after good player but if they don't fit the team dynamic it just doesn't work.

Good point. They are in a mess.

It can go either way. Jan signings can do wonders or spoil the team shape and spirit.

Hmm teams above us really are strengthening whilst we've just maintained the players we already had. Will be an interesting last 3 days of the window

As cliché as it is...

Take the current squad we've been using. Add in the returning players;

Lees

Turner

Westwood

Matias

Lopez

Aside from cover for lee/bannan, we don't really need anyone else.

I understand we're concentrating on our priority targets. Not prepared to bring in any old sheeite.

Who we bring in will improve the squad apparently.

I wonder if Brentford will blink first as we approach the transfer deadline, and they realise nobody will meet their daft asking price for Judge?

Or eventually better players will prevail. We didn't start too great when we had all the new players, but once they'd settled, they look the part. Most on here would have taken Rhodes and Pritchard, so we need to be careful what we say, or it could be construed as sour grapes

I understand we're concentrating on our priority targets. Not prepared to bring in any old sheeite.

Who we bring in will improve the squad apparently.

I wonder if Brentford will blink first as we approach the transfer deadline, and they realise nobody will meet their daft asking price for Judge?

I think and hope he is our big target for Monday.

Alan Judge signing, and a wardrobe malfunction from Natalie live on Sky. The perfect transfer deadline day.

I'll admit I'm but gutted we haven't signed Rhodes. Always thought we would have struck a deal with DC at the helm.

Oh well.

Hope move on and sign Judge. Then again he prob go to Burnley and pee us off Tuesday.

If we had signed both of these I'd have had us for auto promo.

Guest wilyfox

Easier said than done at this stage. If we haven't had a green light by now with two days to go...I think we may end up frustrated.