January Transfer Window Thread

IMO we were never in the market for Rhodes or McCormack at this point. We've had to spend a fair amount of money over the past 12 months to get to where we are now and in all fairness I think we've spent it well.

I'd like us to bring in another winger but I'd doubt we'd go for Judge at the prices quoted. If we were a further year into the project then I think we may have had a go but any more significant spending this year and I think we'd be very close to or over FFP limits?

I agree with all you said. Chansiri and Carlos have been shrewd and astute. Still think we need a couple more players before the window shuts.

And I wish we could get Judge but if we don't, we've got a strong squad that are giving it a good go this season.

And we could still go up this season or in the near future. I wouldn't underestimate the strength and momentum we have from keeping key players and the togetherness we seem to have.

However, if we're close to our FFP limit, then surely the likes of Derby and Middlesbrough are over theirs?

Fully agree with what Hootie said earlier , I,m relieved we didn't consider huge money for Rhodes , and whilst I think Judge is a cracking player the rumoured £6M fee is also too much.

Gudmundsson and , more pertinently given Cardiffs situation , Noone would be far more sensible.

I agree with all you said. Chansiri and Carlos have been shrewd and astute. Still think we need a couple more players before the window shuts.

And I wish we could get Judge but if we don't, we've got a strong squad that are giving it a good go this season.

And we could still go up this season or in the near future. I wouldn't underestimate the strength and momentum we have from keeping key players and the togetherness we seem to have.

However, if we're close to our FFP limit, then surely the likes of Derby and Middlesbrough are over theirs?

I don't know about Middlesborough but Derby must be making enough money through attendances? They've been top of the attendance league for a few seasons now.

I have to disagree with your comments about Bannan. He was good on the left putting MOM performances in every week but when he moved central I thought he was on another level. It's cents only a dilemma because then you struggle to for both hutch and lee in without tinkering with the shape

Agree completely.

Bannan would play well anywhere, but he is outstanding in central mid. Everything goes through him.

Similarly, Fernando would play well anywhere, but is at his outstanding best wide left mid.

IMO it is a myth that we need Hutch in midfield. When we play the Wallace - Lee - Bannan - Fernando midfield we score bucketloads and dont concede. Look it up.

Agree completely.

Bannan would play well anywhere, but he is outstanding in central mid. Everything goes through him.

Similarly, Fernando would play well anywhere, but is at his outstanding best wide left mid.

IMO it is a myth that we need Hutch in midfield. When we play the Wallace - Lee - Bannan - Fernando midfield we score bucketloads and dont concede. Look it up.

Disagree to be honest. At times with that 4 in midfield we sometimes get bullied & over run in midfield. Hutch's steel is vital in there

Forestieri and Hooper were absolute bargains. Wallace and Bannan were free gems. Paying £9 mill for Rhodes would have ruined our whole setup.

If Boro or Derby don't go up they will, or at the very least should, be hit with massive embargoes.

No-one has any idea about next season, but I think we will only get better. And I'm not sure this division will.

Agree completely.

We are certainly better at taking the game to the opposition, than when we sit back and try to defend

Translated into English so apologies if it doesn't all make sense

Romanian striker Sergiu BuÅŸ could go from Sheffield Wednesday this winter, was wanted by several teams in Serie B notes Tuttomercatoweb.com.

According to the source, representatives negotiating a move football league in Italy until the end of the second transfer period this winter, which will close on February 1. Sheffield Wednesday is willing to let bus leave on loan, following the striker to return at the end of the season. Transferred to the group of the Championship in early 2015 for 500,000 euros, Lawrence BuÅŸ failed to impose and the season being caught just 33 minutes shirt "owls". At the age of 23, BuÅŸ played during his career at CFR Cluj, Unirea Alba Iulia, Targu Mures, Gas Medan Medias Corona Brasov , CSKA Sofia and Sheffield Wednesday. BuÅŸ's U21 international, with five selections and a goal.

I don't know about Middlesborough but Derby must be making enough money through attendances? They've been top of the attendance league for a few seasons now.

It still don't make much sense to me when teams who've got parachute payments are under transfer embargoes and they both ain't and neither of them are receiving parachute payments. 

Forestieri and Hooper were absolute bargains. Wallace and Bannan were free gems. Paying £9 mill for Rhodes would have ruined our whole setup.

If Boro or Derby don't go up they will, or at the very least should, be hit with massive embargoes.

No-one has any idea about next season, but I think we will only get better. And I'm not sure this division will.

It can hardly get any weaker!

It can hardly get any weaker!

I guess when I said weaker I meant competitive. Next season I don't think they will be so many tems that could still get automatic promotion. Any of the teams that come down will have been in the Prem for a while, and it is difficult to bounce straight back up after that.

Didn't they turn down £12m earlier? Boro are much nearer the finished article than us, so with the Premier League within touching distance, it's less of a gamble for them

Yeah agree they can afford the risk. So long as their little blip doesn't turn into a Derby meltdown