January Transfer Window Thread

Guest wilyfox

Can someone explain how the flip the likes of Middlesboro and Derby can keep spending? How are they not under transfer embargoed and the likes of Cardiff and Fulham are, who have got parachute payments and Middlesboro and Derby don't even receive parachute payments. And how can the likes of Bournemouth last season and QPR the year before be allowed to overspend their way to the top flight by breaking the FFP rules and the likes of Derby and Middlesboro are doing the exact same thing yet nothing is done? It makes no sense. Is it one rule for some and another for the rest? roger it just get Judge. Let the rest of them and football implode. Forestieri and Hooper were bargains. Judge's price doesn't look so crazy after all.

This time next year, they could well be if they haven't gone up. Reprimand is a year behind once the books are examined.

Guest WESTENDOWL

All joking apart about FFP

Can someone explain how the flip the likes of Middlesboro and Derby can keep spending? How are they not under transfer embargoed and the likes of Cardiff and Fulham are, who have got parachute payments and Middlesboro and Derby don't even receive parachute payments. And how can the likes of Bournemouth last season and QPR the year before be allowed to overspend their way to the top flight by breaking the FFP rules and the likes of Derby and Middlesboro are doing the exact same thing yet nothing is done? It makes no sense. Is it one rule for some and another for the rest? roger it just get Judge. Let the rest of them and football implode. Forestieri and Hooper were bargains. Judge's price doesn't look so crazy after all.

No one gets away with it it may take a bit longer to find them out but everyone is treat the same in the end 

unless they reach the promised land 

For what it's worth, my Derby supporting housemate thinks they're in real trouble. Doesn't think they'll go up and has even said they deserve a transfer embargo because their policy over the last couple of years has been awful. You only need to look at how little improvement or even if anything how they've gone backwards over the last 12/18 months while spending millions every window. 

This time next year, they could well be if they haven't gone up. Reprimand is a year behind once the books are examined.

Didn't they both spend a fair bit to go for it last year too? Boom or bust this season surely. Hope they both miss out again. I'd love it if they do but not as much as I'd love it if we made it at their expense or with them.

This guy has some credibility

Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Bristol City are tracking Ipswich's Luke Hyam. #itfc #swfc bcfc #CardiffCity http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/29/por-trio-tracking-ipswichs-hyam/ â€¦

We are clearly after a central midfielder then with Ince and Hyam interest. Both decent players but not good enough to start for us IMO

Not anymore, really.  Used to work at Sky and he was fairly on the money, but he's been gone a while.  Generally just tweets HITC nonsense - I don't know if he actually writes them or not as I refuse to click the rubbish on there.

Guest wilyfox

Didn't they both spend a fair bit to go for it last year too? Boom or bust this season surely. Hope they both miss out again. I'd love it if they do but not as much as I'd love it if we made it at their expense or with them.

Nah. A couple of pricey loans in Bent and Ince, but McClaren mostly worked with what he already had. Boro the same, borrowing the likes of Bamford and a defender from Chelski.

Guest wilyfox

Was on the match on bbc earlier that Derby have spent 25million in the past year or so.

Yep, and now Boro are up there with them in terms of spending. We've spent big, they've spent obscene.

I doubt Ipswich would likely give us Hyam any more than Brighton would Rohan Ince. We're in direct competition. Hyam is nothing special anyway.

What makes you say that Hyam is nothing special compared to Ince at Brighton? I've seen Ince playa couple of  times against us and although I thought at the time he's a pretty imposing unit he did nothing in each game to impress me greatly. Let's hope that if CC signs either he knows exactly what he wants to get out of them. Hyam is a pretty in your face midfielder along the lines of Hutchinson from the game I saw him play.

Edited by Babushka1867

For what it's worth, my Derby supporting housemate thinks they're in real trouble. Doesn't think they'll go up and has even said they deserve a transfer embargo because their policy over the last couple of years has been awful. You only need to look at how little improvement or even if anything how they've gone backwards over the last 12/18 months while spending millions every window.

A derby fan at work thinks they've messed up too. He's already called them choking on promotion

Guest wilyfox

What makes you say that Hyam is nothing special compared to Ince at Brighton? I've seen Ince playa couple of  times against us and although I thought at the time he's a pretty imposing unit he did nothing in each game to impress me greatly. Let's hope that if CC signs either he knows exactly what he wants to get out of them. Hyam is a pretty in your face midfielder along the lines of Hutchinson from the game I saw him play.

I didn't compare the two in terms of ability. I just said they're both equally unlikely because of the clubs they're at. That said, Ince has obvious facets in his favour.

I didn't compare the two in terms of ability. I just said they're both equally unlikely because of the clubs they're at. That said, Ince has obvious facets in his favour.

Neither are playing regularly for their clubs so they may want a fresh start. I'd actually say of the two that Hyam seems to fit the CC mould a little more in terms of workrate.

I really don't like Derby.

It really would be hilarious if they fail to go up after throwing millions at it over the course of several seasons, and we go up within a season of spending wisely. 

Both may not happen though...

How sweet would it be if we went up having spent around the same amount or less than what Middlesboro have on one player?

And less than half of what Derby have spent in the last year or so too?

lol