Stoke or Derby?

It's not an either or situation though is it?

We're quite capable of winning both games.

The team that played Newcastle did an ok job.

This...... its all irrelevant were going to get promoted and win the league cup. We've done it before and we can do it again

Tomorrow night we have the best chance of getting to a semi final this club has had for years and years. We should be approaching this game very seriously and looking to progress. This is why we all follow our team so passionately, for situations like this. Especially clubs like us that have been starved of success.

Can't understand people who say it's not important.

Tomorrow night we have the best chance of getting to a semi final this club has had for years and years. We should be approaching this game very seriously and looking to progress. This is why we all follow our team so passionately, for situations like this. Especially clubs like us that have been starved of success.

Can't understand people who say it's not important.

The OP's question wasn't whether it was important or not it was "if you had to chose one which would you pick"?

It's a slightly pointless thread seeing as if we miss out on the play offs by 2 points it won't be because of dropped points against league favourites Derby. More because of the draw against Bolton or loss to Charlton, and other points we'll drop this season. Also we could beat Derby then lose the following two league games, I wonder if people will be glad we lost to Stoke and beat Derby then.

Beating Stoke is the sensible answer

The OP's question wasn't whether it was important or not it was "if you had to chose one which would you pick"?

Thank you for pointing that out for me, although I think my post is self explanatory. But please feel free to give me help in the future, I'll look forward to it.

:rolleyes:

Take December of any season and there's always lots to play for in the league, so you could always say "let's concentrate on the league".

Under what circumstances then, would some of those saying they'd prefer to beat Derby say they'd prefer to beat Stoke?

Absolutely not!    Winning the League Cup at Wembley in 1991 was the highlight of my (nearly) 50 years of supporting Wednesday.  We could get 12 points in December and still not go up anyway.   If I had the choice I would take winning a trophy over promotion.  The golden memory of actually winning a cup is far better than just playing league matches in the top division.  And that memory lasts a lifetime.  Mundane league matches against the likes of Swansea, Stoke and Watford come nowhere near.

Derby is definitely the most important game for the long term future of the club, but if the choice is definitely winning the league Cup after winning at Stoke I'll take that!

THIS^^^