Stoke or Derby?

Stoke, I want a good cup run or 2 with a bit of luck and a push at the play offs, not expecting to go up this season, if we build on what we have though next season we could go up in style aka champions 

The premier league isn't the be all and end all, not that I don't want to get there but the championship ain't so bad when you are up there knocking on the door.

Stoke.

Even if we beat Derby on Sunday we're not guaranteed a play-off place. Remember when we were fighting to stay in League 1 and were getting good results, it made little difference 'cos the teams around us were doing likewise. The future was out of our hands. We were relying on one of the others to slip.

If we beat Stoke we become League Cup Semi-Funalists by our own merit.

Take December of any season and there's always lots to play for in the league, so you could always say "let's concentrate on the league".

Under what circumstances then, would some of those saying they'd prefer to beat Derby say they'd prefer to beat Stoke?

The only circumstances for me would be if a top two place was assured, or if we were nailed on for the playoffs and could not catch second place.

For me, if I had to choose, promotion beats even winning the cup. Sheff Wed should be in the Prem.