STOKE BEAMBACK

Guest Deleted member

I haven't made any comments regarding ticket prices this season, but I think £10 is a bit OTT to sit in the cold on the north to watch TV. I'd have paid that, or perhaps £15 at a push, for one of the indoor lounge beambacks, but most likely not to watch from the stands.

Fair play to them if the numbers turn up at that price though I guess.

Edit: Then again, I might not be taking this game as seriously as others are. My interest in it is comparatively way lower than the likes of when we've had the two Sheffield Derby beambacks which were fantastic events.

Looks like you'll be missing the match then

Well done Wednesday

Really looking forward to it

Anybody know if we still have to split the profits or do we keep them all ?

Is it just me or will watching the screen in the corner from the North Stand be a bit of a squint job? The "giant" screen still doesn't seem all that big to me (may be my old eyes).

Fortunately I'll be at Stoke anyway, but if I couldn't go then I'd think twice about going to this beamback. I went to the one against the pigs when we won 2-1 and had the screen on the pitch in front of the South Stand and that wasn't too bad, but the existing screen seems a bit far away to be watching comfortably for 90 minutes.

Its an impressive screen no doubt, would have rather we set up a screen on the centre circle like before though as it was closer to view.

But its still a good idea for a big occasion and I'm definately glad we're doing it and will go. Are we competing with sky televising it too?

Its a great price

It was the same price for the two SUFC beambacks where the club had the massive cost of hiring screens for the game. I also sense they were both more highly anticipated than this one will be. If they were hiring screens for this match then sure, a tenner is fine, but having to watch the scoreboard from a distance is a different matter. You could describe it as passable at best, but it's far from "great" pricing.

I've no problem with the price at all but i couldn't watch the screen for an entire match, it will be like watching a mobile phone at 15 feet.

Get some screens on the pitch Mr C :stuwinky:

Bought mine thinking that we'd have 3 on-pitch screens.

Majorly disappointed, would rather have paid more, (£15), for proper screens.

Still better than listening on the radio, but not much, feel a bit let down now.

Damned if you do, damned if ya dont.

Club offer an opportunity to watch a sold out game at a range of prices and still people complain.

The club has been more proactive off the field than at any stage in my 30 years watching them and still people complain.

They haven't quite got everything right, but you cant fault them for effort this year.

Guest Deleted member

It was the same price for the two SUFC beambacks where the club had the massive cost of hiring screens for the game. I also sense they were both more highly anticipated than this one will be. If they were hiring screens for this match then sure, a tenner is fine, but having to watch the scoreboard from a distance is a different matter. You could describe it as passable at best, but it's far from "great" pricing.

How much do you think the screen cost to buy?

Yep, Very cheap scate by the club IMO.

As said before, would rather pay £15 and have a proper view.

Better than nowt, but disapointing. With proper viewing, could have been a decent night at Hillsborough.

there is every right to slag off ticket prices as quite frankly they are shocking however a tenner for this is more than fair. go if you want, dont if you dont. 

A tenner (and more) is fair and good value to match on screens at Hillborough.

Shame that we're using a screen for a purpose, its not designed for.

SWFC have got previously beambacks spot on (v the pigs).

As well as having the right to go, or not. We've also the right to comment! Tha's waht OTs for.

The club shouldn't change a winning model cause we've bought a very decent match screen.

Is it just me or will watching the screen in the corner from the North Stand be a bit of a squint job? The "giant" screen still doesn't seem all that big to me (may be my old eyes).

Fortunately I'll be at Stoke anyway, but if I couldn't go then I'd think twice about going to this beamback. I went to the one against the pigs when we won 2-1 and had the screen on the pitch in front of the South Stand and that wasn't too bad, but the existing screen seems a bit far away to be watching comfortably for 90 minutes.

How big's your bleedin' telly ?

Great idea from the club, and a decent price as well. Can't see that they will make much money on this so it's purely for the benefit of the fans.

You get to watch a match that you can't watch anywhere else, and you get a ' match' atmosphere as well. 

Not sure I get the 1867 lounge bit..is there a screen in there? do you have to walk from there to the North Stand to watch the game?