Charlton vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest wilyfox

Serves us right for wearing our home strip for an away game. Shocking decision. I blame Nuhiu the kit man.

Edited by wilyfox

Charlton Athletic 3-1 Wednesday (Forestieri 73)

Possession: 45-55

Shots on target: 4-2

Shots off target: 9-8

Corners: 3-2

Fouls: 15-8

Yellow cards: 2-3 

Red cards: 0-0

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens (Sasso 45), Pudil, Wallace, Lee, Hutchinson (Lucas Joao 45), Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper (McGugan 66). 

Wildsmith, Helan, Nuhiu, Semedo.

Unlucky Wednesday.

Well done Charlton Athletic. 

Where do people get this rubbish from? Giddings is an acknowledged Halifax Town fan. In fact, when Brian Laws described Luke Vardy as a former Stocksbridge player, Giddings said something like, "Former Halifax Town player actually". If commentators don't scream and shout about Wednesday, according to people on here, they must be anti Wednesday, or United fans. Absolutely nuts.

Like I've said elsewhere, it's all about opinions and I rarely rate yours mate !

FT.  

Absolutely shocking performance and result with all things considered.  

We didn't even turn up today.  Big reality check.  

What a way to lose our unbeaten run.  

Time to take it on the chin, learn from it and come back stronger after the international break.   

It"s a matter of opinion, I used to rate him as he once stood up to DJ, it might be the inflection in his voice / presenting style but it does sound "enhanced" at times..

It is every time any team attacks be it Wednesday or whoever we happen to be playing but it only gets commented on when we lose 

Did you not hear him almost screaming about Joao firing one across the face of goal in this commentary its just his way. i find it a bit irritating but certainly not biased 

We've got 2 weeks now. Back to training analyse and work on the issues, work on consistency, give some of the others time to return (Sougou, Matias etc.) And come back raring to go next match. No team wins every game, though we SHOULD have won this, it happens. Now the question is, how do we come back?

Unbeaten run gone, two week break starts now. Complete reset needed as I feel we have been gradually getting more tired and sloppy since the Arsenal game, to utter collapse today.

The last two breaks have seen us come back revitalised and energised so hopefully Carlos can quickly get the team full of confidence again. UTO