Arsenal Ticket Update

Spot on Scarbro'. My dad and his chums used to do similar at the Leppings Lane end. Half a dozen or so would be offered a brush apiece when everyone was in the ground. They would sweep back all the cinders and be allowed in about 5 or 10 minutes before half time.

Strange thing is no one cried poverty back then. They did something about managing their plight. Washing, baking and tailoring were amongst the favourite family earners. Not forgetting the Pawn shop as an emergency.

No nostalgia though for those days even though they are on the verge of making a comeback under the Osbourne !

We used to jump over the south stand wall from my mates outside bog roof  in Vere Road in the 1960's

I can afford season tickets for my grandkids, son on law and myself so no complaints here - use the early bird system

i'm not complaining

well i am, but only about the complainers

No i meant...I thought Vere rd was at the back o the North...........

Sorry - my season ticket is South so automatically switch to that not having lived in Sheffield since 1980,  it was the north your right

Could anyone photoshop me jumping from an outside toilet in Vere Road over the north stand into the south stand, PM  me and i'll send an old photo !!

Got into some of the 66 world cup games also

Blame it on age, senile behaviour, too many chip butties :biggrin:  and living down south

Have a good evening 

:biggrin:

Edited by Southernblues

Sorry - my season ticket is South so automatically switch to that not having lived in Sheffield since 1980,  it was the north your right

Could anyone photoshop me jumping from an outside toilet in Vere Road over the north stand into the south stand, PM  me and i'll send an old photo !!

Got into some of the 66 world cup games also

Blame it on age, senile behaviour, too many chip butties :biggrin:  and living down south

Have a good evening 

:biggrin:

lol..G'night Spiderman................

Disagree with the first line. 

Football isn't as much a tradition as people would like it to be Kivo.  

Going to watch football is a privilege.

Whatever the ticket prices are, whether it's a fiver to get in, or 50 quid to get in, it's a privilege.

I would prefer to use my hard earned cash to pay for my children's clothes, nappies, daycare for example.

I don't have children.  

Talking to people. People who have been going for decades.

People have always moaned about the price of football. 

It also doesn't take a wise old owl to know that watching live football isn't a god given right....

Watching 2nd division football or early round cup games  should not be a luxury or a privilege  it should be cheap working class entertainment that anybody with a normal standard of living can EASILY afford.

Guest Deleted member

Spot on Scarbro'. My dad and his chums used to do similar at the Leppings Lane end. Half a dozen or so would be offered a brush apiece when everyone was in the ground. They would sweep back all the cinders and be allowed in about 5 or 10 minutes before half time.

Strange thing is no one cried poverty back then. They did something about managing their plight. Washing, baking and tailoring were amongst the favourite family earners. Not forgetting the Pawn shop as an emergency.

No nostalgia though for those days even though they are on the verge of making a comeback under the Osbourne !

Only thing is you'd have to pawn your telly to buy a match ticket these days