Arsenal Ticket Update

How many sold so far then ?

Bringin 2 non Wednesday supporting mates along to their second Wednesday game, the first was our 1-1 draw with Ipswich last year, so I dont blame them for not wanting to come back before now.

Reckon if we win i'll have a chance of converting them properly.

I feel your pain.

Was the first Wednesday match I took my Dad to....

Your poor father. Has he been back ?

Yeah they weren't very impressed at all, i've stressed we are much better this year but, in truth, it's the Arsenal that's pulled them in.

Took him again....to the Bolton home game that we lost 2-1, and it snowed!

Luckily he's quite open minded. Could see we had some sort of quality but something was missing. I've told him how much better we've been this season & he's been impressed from youtube videos. 

He's paid me back though by taking me to my first Gillingham game. Which was one of the worst games of football I've seen.

Think he's going to go to the Arsenal game, but on his own. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

Luckily he's quite open minded. Could see we had some sort of quality but something was missing. I've told him how much better we've been this season & he's been impressed from youtube videos. 

He's paid me back though by taking me to my first Gillingham game. Which was one of the worst games of football I've seen.

Oh really ? how come he's sitting on his own ?

And you moaned at us for leaving you to sing with the band on your own :biggrin:

"Maybe fans can afford to go to some but not all of matches. Therefore the Arsenal one is going to be the preferred one" is the point you're missing I think.

Would anybody on here honestly say if they could only go to one game this season, they'd pick Brentford (for example) over Arsenal?

ffs, if a fan can only afford to go to 1 game a year, then an extra fiver isn't gonna make any difference

it'd f all to do with affordabillty, it's to do with choices, 99% of people who claim to be wednesdayites can afford to go, the just choose not to, this has always been the case, and always will i suppose

[t's a poo poo for those genuinely struggling, but i'm afraid that's the future

Football used to be a tradition, now its priced itself as a treat for most

If that were the case how come average attendances for us have stayed so stable over the last 30 odd years?

It's always been the same at Wednesday, solid 20,000 or so per season give or take a few thousand depending on league position etc with huge turnouts for the big games.

Can probably say the same for most clubs too.

My old man talks of standing outside the Kop as a kid in the 20s, waiting till after half time, when a gate would open, and they'd sneak in for nowt, he couldn't afford it then, neither could they afford new shoes, winter coats, books, decent housing or the penny a week healthcare

now people are moaning, because of the price increase, going to the match means they can't afford the new PSP4 game, and Kivo talks about tradition, he knows f.all

cant afford it, are you sure?

My old man talks of standing outside the Kop as a kid in the 20s, waiting till after half time, when a gate would open, and they'd sneak in for nowt, he couldn't afford it then, neither could they afford new shoes, winter coats, books, decent housing or the penny a week healthcare

now people are moaning, because of the price increase, going to the match means they can't afford the new PSP4 game, and Kivo talks about tradition, he knows f.all

cant afford it, are you sure?

We used to jump over the south stand wall from my mates outside bog roof  in Vere Road in the 1960's

I can afford season tickets for my grandkids, son on law and myself so no complaints here - use the early bird system

Edited by Southernblues