Arsenal Ticket Update

Funny that now we are winning a few, playing good football and got an attractive draw in the cup, people are suddenly able to find the money for tickets? Said all along IF the product on the pitch is good people will start to come back. Hopefully we give a good dhow against Arsenal so people are tempted back after.

Everyone is priced out don't forget. Well maybe this is proof their not, just when they fancy it.

Although a agree with your sentiment (as in i agree SOME people use it as an excuse), finding the money for one game is very different to finding the money for several.  People have different circumstances and commitments.

this. Exactly what I have said all alon. Price is, to an extent, an excuse.

If we have an attractive team or game people will come regardless.

Why are people so dismissive of people not being able to afford it?

Maybe fans can afford to go to some but not all of matches. Therefore the Arsenal one is going to be the preferred one.

Just because somebody goes to the Arsenal match it doesn't mean that they can afford to go to the Hull and Forest matches as well.

Maybe somebody goes as many times as they can afford, which could be 6 times for example. More reasonable prices may mean they go to 8.

I am also loving the "he can't afford to go to Hillsborough but he can afford to smoke 20 fags a day" attitude.

How narrow minded! Should all supporters spend all their disposable income on Wednesday and put Wednesday ahead of all other vices and hobbies?

For most it doesn't just come down to affordability it comes down to value. £39 on the kop ain't value in anybody's book.

^^^^

I'd like to snort coke off a naked Natalie Imbruglia, whilst sailing the Med on my monster private Yacht.

But I can't afford it (I bet Natalie's gutted).

Therefore I will budget accordingly and save for my ST every year.

If somebody can afford a tenner a day to spend on fags - but then moan about not being able to afford to go to games at Hillsborough - then they can kiss my lilly-white ass.

^^^^

I'd like to snort coke off a naked Natalie Imbruglia, whilst sailing the Med on my monster private Yacht.

If somebody can afford a tenner a day to spend on fags - but then moan about not being able to afford to go to games at Hillsborough - then they can kiss my lilly-white ass.

Stop fantasising about private yachts, it's never gonna happen lol

Why are people so dismissive of people not being able to afford it?

Maybe fans can afford to go to some but not all of matches. Therefore the Arsenal one is going to be the preferred one.

Just because somebody goes to the Arsenal match it doesn't mean that they can afford to go to the Hull and Forest matches as well.

Maybe somebody goes as many times as they can afford, which could be 6 times for example. More reasonable prices may mean they go to 8.

I am also loving the "he can't afford to go to Hillsborough but he can afford to smoke 20 fags a day" attitude.

How narrow minded! Should all supporters spend all their disposable income on Wednesday and put Wednesday ahead of all other vices and hobbies?

For most it doesn't just come down to affordability it comes down to value. £39 on the kop ain't value in anybody's book.

But they somehow managed to find the money for this...

Right.

^^^^

That really isn't my point at all.

However, in reply to your point, where do you draw the line?

If somebody can afford a £3K car they can afford to go to football?

If they can afford £50 trainers they can afford to go to football?

If they can afford their own house they can afford football?

They can afford a family meal at a restaurant every week?

Where is it?

But they somehow managed to find the money for this...

Right.

"Maybe fans can afford to go to some but not all of matches. Therefore the Arsenal one is going to be the preferred one" is the point you're missing I think.

Would anybody on here honestly say if they could only go to one game this season, they'd pick Brentford (for example) over Arsenal?

Pretty much everyone can 'afford' it. It's just about what people prioritise and prefer to do.

Some will save all their spare money and go to football. Some won't go because they prefer a night out, meal with the misses, new jacket, weekend away somewhere etc. I think our prices are wrong and disagree with them but when people say they can't afford to go, most of the time it's that they prefer to use their spare money elsewhere (which is fine), rather than actually being unable to afford it