Arsenal Ticket Update

Guest The Horse

Arsenal hate coming to Hillsborough.

They've only beat us something like twice at our place in the last fifty years.

We'll beat 'em as usual and move on.

The point is football should be a tradition - not a treat.

Football used to be an escape from the daily grind - the cost of it now means it's become a part of that grind.

You used to worry about weighing up your finances in the week and go to the match on Saturday to forget about it - now going to the match is one of those things you have to worry about.

Once you're out of the habit of going it's hard to get it back and long term the club lose out.

Disagree with the first line. 

Football isn't as much a tradition as people would like it to be Kivo.  

Going to watch football is a privilege.

Whatever the ticket prices are, whether it's a fiver to get in, or 50 quid to get in, it's a privilege.

I would prefer to use my hard earned cash to pay for my children's clothes, nappies, daycare for example.

I don't have children.  

Football used to be an escape from the daily grind - the cost of it now means it's become a part of that grind.

You used to worry about weighing up your finances in the week and go to the match on Saturday to forget about it - now going to the match is one of those things you have to worry about.

Once you're out of the habit of going it's hard to get it back and long term the club lose out.

Or, actually, 100 years of attendance figures shows for the vast majority of fans, it has never been about habit, and about going when they fancy it.

The Arsenal game is another example of exactly that.

It's a special 1 off game, so they fancy it.

Same as derby games and promotion/relegation games.

Same as when there is a wave of optimism due to a one-off event such as during a promotion season, or immediately after a promotion.

You talk about people getting out of the habit and being priced out (using matchday prices as the example even though they don't apply to those who attend regularly), making claims that they are lost and won't come back.

Yet as soon as we have a special game, they do all come back. Every time.

Then when we have a lower priced normal game, they aren't interested.

That's why we sell so few season tickets. Because for most, it isn't about habit at all.

Or, actually, 100 years of attendance figures shows for the vast majority of fans, it has never been about habit, and about going when they fancy it.

The Arsenal game is another example of exactly that.

It's a special 1 off game, so they fancy it.

Same as derby games and promotion/relegation games.

Same as when there is a wave of optimism due to a one-off event such as during a promotion season, or immediately after a promotion.

You talk about people getting out of the habit and being priced out (using matchday prices as the example even though they don't apply to those who attend regularly), making claims that they are lost and won't come back.

Yet as soon as we have a special game, they do all come back. Every time.

Then when we have a lower priced normal game, they aren't interested.

That's why we sell so few season tickets. Because for most, it isn't about habit at all.

Perfect post. 

Price is an excuse (for most) and people go when the stakes are high or it is more interesting.

As I have said previously people that moan about price are (mostly) the people that didnt go last year because it was boring.

I had a point

Then I realised my point may not be valid

Until I remembered it was a different point

Then I had forgotten my point

So I raised a different point 

Only to be told I was missing the point

Whats the bloomin point?

Hillsborough is going to be full (apart from the seats we can't sell for some reasons we don't know) and rocking and we are all going to have a good time*

*Unless we get hammered

Guest Gazzaswfc

I genuinely believe we will beat arsenal I prob get shot down for this but just get the feeling we will all the negativity from years gone bye has gone we are on the up we bottomed out & with investment comes better caliber of players our time is coming believe . Let's get Hillsborough filled up & let's rip in to them not admire arsenals pretty football ic it cums to a battle I can only see one winner us they won't like coming to S6

Football has always been a treat, not a god given right or tradition.

How do you know?

I am a lot older than you and I don't.

Talking to people. People who have been going for decades.

People have always moaned about the price of football. 

It also doesn't take a wise old owl to know that watching live football isn't a god given right....

Edited by FlyingOwl

How many sold so far then ?

Bringin 2 non Wednesday supporting mates along to their second Wednesday game, the first was our 1-1 draw with Ipswich last year, so I dont blame them for not wanting to come back before now.

Reckon if we win i'll have a chance of converting them properly.