Arsenal Ticket Update

"Maybe fans can afford to go to some but not all of matches. Therefore the Arsenal one is going to be the preferred one" is the point you're missing I think.

Would anybody on here honestly say if they could only go to one game this season, they'd pick Brentford (for example) over Arsenal?

Fine with the choice

But don't moan you can't go to the next home game.

And don't moan you can't afford it

It's clearly a choice not to go.

Edited by McRightSide

Pretty much everyone can 'afford' it. It's just about what people prioritise and prefer to do.

Some will save all their spare money and go to football. Some won't go because they prefer a night out, meal with the misses, new jacket, weekend away somewhere etc. I think our prices are wrong and disagree with them but when people say they can't afford to go, most of the time it's that they prefer to use their spare money elsewhere (which is fine), rather than actually being unable to afford it

Yea but some people just don't have anything else in their lives ... clearly .

That really isn't my point at all.

However, in reply to your point, where do you draw the line?

If somebody can afford a £3K car they can afford to go to football?

If they can afford £50 trainers they can afford to go to football?

If they can afford their own house they can afford football?

They can afford a family meal at a restaurant every week?

Where is it?

I think the issue is some people live and breathe football and have it at the very top of their own priorities, and other people enjoy football but it isn't the be all and end all.

Of course, people can change between the two - live and breathe Wednesday in their younger years, and have bigger priorities later on in life, but this board will have a range of people with differing circumstances hence the constant debate over ticket prices/ attendances/ true fans vs part-time fans, etc.

The opinion we'll have on these various subjects will depend where we are in our own lives.

That really isn't my point at all.

However, in reply to your point, where do you draw the line?

If somebody can afford a £3K car they can afford to go to football?

If they can afford £50 trainers they can afford to go to football?

If they can afford their own house they can afford football?

They can afford a family meal at a restaurant every week?

Where is it?

Pointless they're not getting the point you're trying to make. 

I'm in that position myself really. I have been to Bristol, Reading and Boro so far. Will be going to Arsenal too but I chose to spend some of my disposable income on other things like PS4 games which I get more value for money from. 

The ticket prices are high as has been shown in today's news. I would love to go to more games but work gets in the way and so doe's the cost of attending. 

Why are people so dismissive of people not being able to afford it?

Maybe fans can afford to go to some but not all of matches. Therefore the Arsenal one is going to be the preferred one.

Just because somebody goes to the Arsenal match it doesn't mean that they can afford to go to the Hull and Forest matches as well.

Maybe somebody goes as many times as they can afford, which could be 6 times for example. More reasonable prices may mean they go to 8.

I am also loving the "he can't afford to go to Hillsborough but he can afford to smoke 20 fags a day" attitude.

How narrow minded! Should all supporters spend all their disposable income on Wednesday and put Wednesday ahead of all other vices and hobbies?

For most it doesn't just come down to affordability it comes down to value. £39 on the kop ain't value in anybody's book.

Im not talking about smoking 20 fags instead.

Price is an excuse to some on here who would not go regardless. The same ones that moaned last year because it was boring- again another excuse.

People have caused an uproar about prices on here and some have refused to go but as soon as its Arsenal they can magically afford it which makes there argument pointless as it is not what you can afford yet about who you want to watch.

I think only people that went to the Oxford and Mansfield games that have the ticket stubs to prove their ubberness should be able to go the Arsenal game. (I only went the Oxford game so im out)

or no I don't.... I wanna see Hillsborough packed and rocking again live for the nation to witness!

Why are people so dismissive of people not being able to afford it?

Maybe fans can afford to go to some but not all of matches. Therefore the Arsenal one is going to be the preferred one.

Just because somebody goes to the Arsenal match it doesn't mean that they can afford to go to the Hull and Forest matches as well.

Maybe somebody goes as many times as they can afford, which could be 6 times for example. More reasonable prices may mean they go to 8.

I am also loving the "he can't afford to go to Hillsborough but he can afford to smoke 20 fags a day" attitude.

How narrow minded! Should all supporters spend all their disposable income on Wednesday and put Wednesday ahead of all other vices and hobbies?

For most it doesn't just come down to affordability it comes down to value. £39 on the kop ain't value in anybody's book.

Spot on, and amazing that this is so difficult for some to understand.

The point is football should be a tradition - not a treat.

Football used to be an escape from the daily grind - the cost of it now means it's become a part of that grind.

You used to worry about weighing up your finances in the week and go to the match on Saturday to forget about it - now going to the match is one of those things you have to worry about.

Once you're out of the habit of going it's hard to get it back and long term the club lose out.