Arsenal Ticket Update

They're putting on the coaches for their fans as well, good to see. A cheap day out for anyone under 17

I reckon you've hit on another good and original excuse for the moaners to use.

:biggrin:

The point is football should be a tradition - not a treat.

Football used to be an escape from the daily grind - the cost of it now means it's become a part of that grind.

You used to worry about weighing up your finances in the week and go to the match on Saturday to forget about it - now going to the match is one of those things you have to worry about.

Once you're out of the habit of going it's hard to get it back and long term the club lose out.

100% disagree.

Football is a hobby and hobbies are treats, often expensive treats.

I have a number of different hobbies and they all cost similar amounts so I pick and mix.

100% disagree.

Football is a hobby and hobbies are treats, often expensive treats.

I have a number of different hobbies and they all cost similar amounts so I pick and mix.

I disagree there. If football was just a hobby then the majority of clubs would've gone bust years ago. If you enjoyed golf but the local course was rubbish you wouldn't go. Football fans are loyal and football clubs know this. You could buy Wednesday knowing you'd get 20000 customers each week regardless of the quality of the product. My point being to a true fan it's more than a hobby. It's a passion. And imo the "working class game" shouldn't price out the working class.

I'm a st holder by the way so I'm not ranting cos it affects me I just don't like the way footballs going, especially when the only beneficiaries are the players with their wages.

My Dad moaned when it cost more than a 2 quid to take him, me and my sister in the late 70's saying they were pricing out ordinary folk.

So nowt really changes

And he would never fork out for a knickerbocker glory at the Harbour Bar in Scarborough as they were overpriced

I don't understand why it's always such a big deal what games fans pick and choose to go too. My last two games were Preston and Charlton back end of last season. Luckily I have a new job (after being unemployed for a while) which means I can go more often now. I'm going to the Arsenal game which has cost me £33 same as the Preston match. I won't go as often as I could as I have other interests.

Myself and I'm sure other people have different priorities and also different ways of spending their disposable income. Like many others I don't have much free time now so I want to make the most of it. Ticket prices are exaclty value for money the majority of the time so I'd rather do something else with friends.

It just bores me to tears those who Sheffield Wednesday is the be all and end all for constantly criticise other fans with differnent priorities and interests. Its great that some are so passionate about Wednesday, that's their choice and I respect it, but get off your high horses and just respect other people who's lives and choices you know nothing about and let them enjoy a game of bloody football without getting slagged off for it.

Im not talking about smoking 20 fags instead.

Price is an excuse to some on here who would not go regardless. The same ones that moaned last year because it was boring- again another excuse.

People have caused an uproar about prices on here and some have refused to go but as soon as its Arsenal they can magically afford it which makes there argument pointless as it is not what you can afford yet about who you want to watch.

Why does anyone need an excuse not to go? Why do people keep saying this? Who are the people that need an excuse answerable to?

Guest Deleted member

Why does anyone need an excuse not to go? Why do people keep saying this? Who are the people that need an excuse answerable to?

Owlstalk folklore now mate.

My Dad moaned when it cost more than a 2 quid to take him, me and my sister in the late 70's saying they were pricing out ordinary folk.

So nowt really changes

And he would never fork out for a knickerbocker glory at the Harbour Bar in Scarborough as they were overpriced

alonzi has always been a robbing get

are we brothers? sounds like my dad that

I think there were quite a few Dad's the same back then. I still use it against him 40 years later. The serious point is that it as always been the same, families only have so much cash available and you had to pick and choose.