Is it happening?

I, like many others were concerned that the spirit and togetherness of the squad would take a hit with SG going.

Seems as though it has got stronger despite the player turnover. We are much more cohesive and yes, still work in progress and on the face of it a quality player or two short of sustaining a challenge but my season started after the first international break when FF came in and CC changed the set up.

This squad looks like it can cement itself in the leading pack by Christmas and if so then we may get further additions. There are some tough tests to get through in the meantime and if we do then we can all look forward to an exciting finish...

Game management is the only slight concern for me. At 2-0, the game was there to be won comfortably against a struggling team but we let them back in the game from a set piece. Against Fulham is was the same story.. We like to make it hard for ourselves don't we.

Are we really ok at the moment ? Is the defence strong enough ? Have the squad got enough goals in them to mount a challenge ?

The jury's out.

Agree that Jury's still out but I'm happy enough with how things have gone to this point given everything that's happened over the summer. Lots of changes. I think we're steadily building. Look out if we're on song come the last 10 games of the season.

Game management is the only slight concern for me. At 2-0, the game was there to be won comfortably against a struggling team but we let them back in the game from a set piece. Against Fulham is was the same story.. We like to make it hard for ourselves don't we.

Aah, but "making it hard for ourselves" is the Wednesday way don't you know...

A poster earlier in the thread said he was sure many fans wanted us to fail, I don't believe that to be true at all, unfortunately given the "Wednesday way" most fans now expect us to fail as we have for years promised so much only for us to be let down.

I guess it's just difficult to accept that this time it might actually happen !

And goh, I'm sure we all hope so... We really do ALL hope so !

Something feels different for me at SWFC at the moment. It feels like we can't be denied. I haven't had this sort of confidence about the team from for a while. Anybody else feel the same?

Last time I felt like this was when we got promotion - and it seemed like every time we had a corner or free kick near the box we would score.

If we stay in contention up until January, give this team time to settle and gel properly then the 2nd half of the season could get very interesting.

If we are settled and in contention I hope we don't go crazy in the transfer window it could disrupte the team. Just add wheres necessary and watch us fly again.

It's happining, just got a feeling about this year we will go under the radar and be taken serious about April time. Suits me fine.

Sorry, Miffed, but whilst I agree with most f your quote, the bit about 'not blaming the defence for conceding', who do we blame? The attack, the fans, CC's choice of substitutes? Oh, I forget. Despite not being on the field of play at the time we went on defence, it can only be Nuhiu!

Aah, but "making it hard for ourselves" is the Wednesday way don't you know...

A poster earlier in the thread said he was sure many fans wanted us to fail, I don't believe that to be true at all, unfortunately given the "Wednesday way" most fans now expect us to fail as we have for years promised so much only for us to be let down.

I guess it's just difficult to accept that this time it might actually happen !

And goh, I'm sure we all hope so... We really do ALL hope so !

This is about right.

I'm not wanting it to fail... But expecting it too makes it easier to take in if it happens...

The Wednesday way...

When we have poor games or periods in games you have to remember that other teams do the same.

We'll never have a team that dominates start to finish every game.

We still need a couple of signings though to solidify us as a top six team.

Maybe not our year this time but finally we have an exciting and competitive squad.