OFFICIAL ticket prices vs. Arsenal

Great work by the club.

Over to the fans now. Let's see just how big we are, and how good our support is. Have to say, I have my doubts on both.

Have to agree.

Just how cheap does it have to get to entice people out of the boozer?

I can't be the only one seeing this as yet another opportunity missed to fill the stadium? Can I??

How are you going to get the floating fan, the ones that we know we have loads of as all the attendance data over 'X' amount of years have pointed to this, to pay £33 to sit on the North when they can watch it for free on the TV, Pub, Stream??

Also, that £33 is potentially £8 dearer than the chap next to you has paid?!?! Just because the said chap with a season ticket may be in a different position personally and can afford to or has the time to make a season ticket a viable option. How is that enticing the floating fan who may have had his interest piqued at the slight upturn in results (although Saturday's performance was dire) and may be thinking about taking in another game...maybe his last home game was the Reading game early in the season (enough to put anyone off for life!). The season ticket holders already have the advantage of lower ticket prices per game, why does there need to be such a huge disparity in pricing between the two sections of our fan base?

Let's get things into perspective here...it's the League Cup 4th Round, not a Quarter Final or a Semi Final...the 4th Round. So what if it's Arsenal...they never play a full strength team in this competition, hell, they couldn't be bothered to field a full strength team against their most fiercest rivals in the last round!

I may be old enough to remember when we used to play Arsenal year in year out and hence this game doesn't mean as much to me as our younger element, but I can't help but look at those prices and think the club have got it wrong again, not massively wrong like the season ticket phasing so and the match categories, but wrong nonetheless.

The only good thing, and it's something I have banged on about for years, is that the concession prices are bang on. Kids ticket prices should be like this for the rest of the season.

Big mistake with the adult prices and I'll be shocked if we get anywhere near 30k.

I think the phrase is tough poo

Sorry if folk can only be bothered to come for a big game, not take the offer of membership and then expect equal treatment then sorry get in the real world

I think it's flawed to suggest that ST holders and Members should be paying the same price as the rest of the punters such as myself.

They have paid a lot more than me and committed to supporting the club financially across the whole season. In order to motivate people to do that again in the future, you have to keep them onside and reward their support. It's only a few quid but sends that message "we DO value you". 

I think the prices are perfect myself.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Of course ST holders should have discounted prices for tickets for this type of game.

Why?

Explain to me why for 'this type of game' season ticket holders should be heavily discounted against non-season ticket holders. Season ticket holders are getting heavy discounts already on league games (as should always be the case).

When I was a season ticket holder (25+ years) the only benefit we got was priority seating for cup ties and away matches, and 10% off in the club shop. Creating this two tier ticketing system won't bring back the floating fans this season...it might create more season ticket holders next season but right here and now we are heamorraging fans at an alarming rate and this kind of structure just won't get them back on side.

Who would pay £8 more than someone sat next to him/her just because of extenuating circumstances?!

From Arsenal's website:

We are due to receive an allocation of 3,100 tickets for this fixture located in the West Stand, with a further allocation to be received dependent on sales.

Tickets are priced at:

£25.00 Adults

£15.00 Senior Citizen (O’65), Full Time Students with a valid NUS Card & Armed Forces Personnel

£10.00 Young Adult (17-20)

£5.00 Under 17

I can't be the only one seeing this as yet another opportunity missed to fill the stadium? Can I??

How are you going to get the floating fan, the ones that we know we have loads of as all the attendance data over 'X' amount of years have pointed to this, to pay £33 to sit on the North when they can watch it for free on the TV, Pub, Stream??

Also, that £33 is potentially £8 dearer than the chap next to you has paid?!?! Just because the said chap with a season ticket may be in a different position personally and can afford to or has the time to make a season ticket a viable option. How is that enticing the floating fan who may have had his interest piqued at the slight upturn in results (although Saturday's performance was dire) and may be thinking about taking in another game...maybe his last home game was the Reading game early in the season (enough to put anyone off for life!). The season ticket holders already have the advantage of lower ticket prices per game, why does there need to be such a huge disparity in pricing between the two sections of our fan base?

Let's get things into perspective here...it's the League Cup 4th Round, not a Quarter Final or a Semi Final...the 4th Round. So what if it's Arsenal...they never play a full strength team in this competition, hell, they couldn't be bothered to field a full strength team against their most fiercest rivals in the last round!

I may be old enough to remember when we used to play Arsenal year in year out and hence this game doesn't mean as much to me as our younger element, but I can't help but look at those prices and think the club have got it wrong again, not massively wrong like the season ticket phasing so and the match categories, but wrong nonetheless.

The only good thing, and it's something I have banged on about for years, is that the concession prices are bang on. Kids ticket prices should be like this for the rest of the season.

Big mistake with the adult prices and I'll be shocked if we get anywhere near 30k.

I take your point but there is no way you can please everybody and at very least the clubs decision can be seen to reward those who support the club and have made it very affordable for people to take the kids along. 

They have to make a decision and I think that the decision will  please most people.

Edited by Geedee

From Arsenal's website:

We are due to receive an allocation of 3,100 tickets for this fixture located in the West Stand, with a further allocation to be received dependent on sales.

Tickets are priced at:

£25.00 Adults

£15.00 Senior Citizen (O’65), Full Time Students with a valid NUS Card & Armed Forces Personnel

£10.00 Young Adult (17-20)

£5.00 Under 17

Good to see. Guessing if home sales go through the roof they will give leppings lane low to home fans too

Why?

Explain to me why for 'this type of game' season ticket holders should be heavily discounted against non-season ticket holders. Season ticket holders are getting heavy discounts already on league games (as should always be the case).

When I was a season ticket holder (25+ years) the only benefit we got was priority seating for cup ties and away matches, and 10% off in the club shop. Creating this two tier ticketing system won't bring back the floating fans this season...it might create more season ticket holders next season but right here and now we are heamorraging fans at an alarming rate and this kind of structure just won't get them back on side.

Who would pay £8 more than someone sat next to him/her just because of extenuating circumstances?!

How is me (a ST holder) getting a price reduction on match tickets any different to you getting a 10% reduction in the shop as a ST holder 25 years ago? Is that not 2 tier pricing also?

Perfect balance of rewarding members and season ticket holders with making it affordable for casual fan / families to attend

Permission to moan.

Why do Members who pay £30 get same discount as season ticket holders who pay  . . . .a lot more.

It should be members with so many points.

Don't believe anyone is moaning being able to see us play one of the 4 biggest teams in the country for 30 quid.

What does it matter that ST holders and members are getting a loyalty discount?

By the way for family reasons I am not a st holder or member as can't make a lot of games. But I wouldn't expect to pay someplace as a st holder or member for a game like this.

I will be taking son and nephew to this (age 7&8) sitting on North stand all for 43 quid to see us play arsenal.

That price is a bargain

I do take your point Raw, ST holders already get a discount on somebody who buys 23 tickets over the season individually.

But the ST core are what has held this club together over a very long, tough period. I think it's about time some of the poor buggers got thrown a bone.

Getting the kids pricing right is the big thing for me. We've been abysmal for a decade at that, driving them away. Need this kind of value for u17's more consistently.

Why?

So those who don't bother to come week in week out, or even those who only show when theres a big game, should be the ones who we should be prioritising?

Right.

I think the phrase is tough poo

Sorry if folk can only be bothered to come for a big game, not take the offer of membership and then expect equal treatment then sorry get in the real world

This.

Plus it's already a discounted big game compared to league games.

Why?

If that's the angle you want to look at it then fair enough.

But you could also look at it as paying £9 less than people paid to watch us play Bristol City...

You could look at it as paying £33 instead of £580.

Or you could just look at it on face value - is £30 a fair price for Sheffield Wednesday v Arsenal?

Or £35 for an adult and a kid?

Or £40 for an adult and 2 kids?